Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

this should get the pot stirring

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this should get the pot stirring

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

So they acquitted him? I was thinking the whole time the video played, WTF is this guy thinking? Crap all in the lane and cars everywhere and he's doing 118. I dunno, if I did something that stupid I believe they'd put me in jail.

And that's not a bash at the police. Every organization has the occasional idiot.
My goodness ...Greg that is putting it so politely mate...

Traffic cops always have been and are still the lowest form of life on the planet .

That is not cop bashing ..that is a statement in regard to a specific job .....that I personally have absolutely no respect for ..
Why do you have no respect for traffic cops? Got one ticket too many? Think that they are just out there to make money? I think all LEOs have a tough job, whatever they do. I got popped last year for a "rolling stop" at a stop sign, cost me $170. Yes I was not happy, but I got caught so I paid up. It was a State Trooper and believe it or not, I shook his hand and thanked him for doing his job, much to his surprise and pleasure. Six months later, the same trooper stopped a suspicious car and ran the number; stolen! He walked back to arrest the guy (6' 4", 400lbs.) and was shot, then as he lay on the ground the guy finished him off. He was 21 years old, newly married with a premature baby in hospital. Last week his infant son died in hospital after surgery. So this particular cop ****ed up and got away with it. **** happens. It isn't right and it isn't fair, but it is life. To condemn every cop that works traffic is BS. They are out there trying to keep ********* off the road, whether speeding, stunting, drink driving, whatever. They don't make the laws, they enforce them. You are always going to get arseholes in every job, don't slag everybody doing that job coz you don't like it!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ this is my thread so i am allowed to quickly thread jack my own thread....

i just ordered a part from you guys. GREAT people, top notch customer service. i think the guys name i dealt w/ was Cameron. good people, definately got my buisiness!

ok, back to bitching and moaning . notice how Chainstretcher keeps posting here, lol.......he's watching........

Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM

wait wait wait...i just realized this guy said "cops deal with things that some of you wouldn't understand"...i haven't been but trying being a marine. deployed....seeing all types of **** thats not even allowed to hit the media because of how horrid it is...oh wait...or just go talk to someone in the ghetto who's whole family was murdered because someone in their house was selling drugs and made the wrong enemy...it's people that think like you that let these idiot cops do almost anything they want...UGH..i'm leaving this thread before i get "ignant"

Old 11-07-2008, 05:44 PM

Its doesn't take a degree to be a cop. Nuff said.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Around here it does ... you can get the job but within a couple years you gotta have at least an associates. To make any $$ you need a batch in criminology ...

Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Still not ready to jump in this thread yet, the things people are saying are amusing me....keep it up.

Oh and the majority of the agencies around here you have to have at least an AA.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Yer ..ok ...poor cops ..they suffer too , just like many do in their jobs... they chose their job ...they were not ordered to join up to the force....
so this gives traffic cops in general the right UNDER NEAR ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ! to chase people at those speeds on public roads ??

Not friggin likely ..!!!!!!
He should have gone to jail for manslaughter , wreckless driving , driving in a manner dangerous to the public ....and any other bloody thing that is appropriate for that type of idiotic behavior...

Like Stretch said ..
If it was me ..I would not see the real world for about 10 years or more ..
and he goes free ?? !!!! thats bull ****tttt
!!

No excuse for the rider at all...
but ...
Poor cops ??? yer sure !!!

Meh, I'll just address this real quick. You seem to forget, he wasn't just riding on the shoulder at 120 for the fun of it, he was attempting to catch up to someone running from him/breaking the law. I hope you have a good reason to be driving at 120 on the shoulder

Did he make a poor judgement based on the traffic conditions? Yes. Was he wrong in violating department procedures by not calling the chase out and not using his lights/siren? Absolutely. He used poor judgement for sure, sometimes you have to realizeyou're doing more harm than just letting that one person get away.

Please continue...

Old 11-10-2008, 12:52 AM

I would like to add my .02 here are just my feeling,

1) i agree that the cop should have been held responsible for his actions because he wasn't doing what the department said he should. radios were made for a reason and to date there is nothing on wheels or even flys that can out run that.

2) the guy who was running well that is easy he shouldn't have been running and should be held responsible just as the cop, and it is sad to say but those riders that run are the reason why we have a bad rep.

i do respect cops to and extent i got a ticket for doing 84 in a 55. but i pulled over and because i did what the cop said the court dropped the ticket down 20 MPH and i got off with 1 point. but if i would have ran well i wouldn't be riding or driving for that matter. they were both in the wrong and both could have done things differently to prevent all of this. i know it is neutral standing on this topic it is just how i feel.

to the Florida thing well i think and this goes for the 50 states they should just enforce the laws that are out there. making new rules is not going to stop anything. if anything it will make this worse then it already is.

my .02

Quick Reply: this should get the pot stirring