Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shipping fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shipping fairings?

Im gonna be selling my stock fairings soon but I have no idea how to ship them. Dont want the buyer to have to pay a fortune on shipping, what would be the cheapest way?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm im gonna be too actually and have been wondering this myself. I figured id just find a big enough box for them and hope the shipping charges arent too much. Im interested to see if anyones got a better way though

Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

better to pay a bit for shipping than get the fairings scratched. what I would recommend is to bring it to a shipping store and seek their advice than if you dont like the quote go somewhere else and you'll have an idea of what to do.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 AM
July 2008 ROTM

A large large box, or a few smaller, per-fairing-appropriate boxes. Will cost about the same overall anyway. A huge box will carry a single fee (and single insurance rating, which makes your life easier), and probably be a little less likely to be thrown around like a cat toy. Large boxes are pretty easy to acquire - ask friends, businesses, whoever might have boxes. Chances are someone has something lying around. Or, worst case scenario, you buy one from a shipping store and it costs you ~$20.

Air bubbles are your best bet for packing material (takes up the most space with the least amount of weight). Newspaper is great material but it can accrue weight like crazy. Peanuts don't weigh a lot but they're ANNOYING (especially in quantities required to fill the space in a huge box). Not recommended by me but do what you need.

Ship it via UPS or FedEx with insurance. This is beneficial for both parties. Someone doesn't want to pay to cover it, tell them to quit wasting your time.

Overall, the cost will probably not be that bad (maybe $50-60 tops). Even then, it's much better than the overseas shipping costs from Ebay fairing sellers. You could even offer to refund the difference if the buyer overpays.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

depends on the size. 954's don't have mid fairings, so the side fairings are bigger than usual.... and it cost me $80 to ship one fairing from a UPS store (f that noise am i right?)

it's going to cost a lot. i hate to break it to you. i part out bikes on the side, and the shipping of fairings is always a lot of money.

always go USPS. it will be the cheapest. but the good news is that fairings don't require all that much packing as other things. they can bend a lil bit, but just wrap them in something that will keep it from getting scratched and protect the tabs. that's all you really have to do