Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

She is Here And I can't Sleep !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: She is Here And I can't Sleep !

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

One time me and my freind broke off part of his bmx ramp so that we could roll his cbr into his kitchen that was up a bunch of steps. It was sketchy because it broke in the middle so we put bricks and junk under it.

And yea I felt the same way when I first got my F3. But now its 6 months later and I can't wait to get a bigger bike. My F3 is still fun and all, but theres no good twisties at all around where I live and I don't do any stuntin' whatsoever, and I am a pretty big guy. I'm not one of those tools that needs a 1k to feel like a real man. I just need something bigger so I can actually get my feet back on the pegs when drag racing and not get cramps when I'm going to school and work.
I'm a big guy, too, but I don't think the 1000's got that much more space between the seat and pegs. I have my elbows touch my knees in a full tuck. Maybe adjustable rearsets would help out.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and everything. I am coming home late for the last two days. I just don't want to come back home but I have to get some sleep. My whole world has changed. I also started to profile people on the road. I hate those people who throw cigarettes out the window when you're riding behind, who push the gas pedal of their vehicle when you are signaling for a lane change.

And is it true that harley riders don't like streetbikers and streetbikers don't like harley riders? Is there anything like that going on that I don't know?

I am still trying to find a cheap alarm system. Thank you for the recommendations.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: QuickNDeadly

I would take her inside if I was on the first floor.

This week I definitely be investing into one of those alarm systems. I saw demonstrations of SCORPIO alarm system and I want something like that. If i can't find anything cheaper does the same job, I won't mind spending 350 on a alarm system for this baby. I don't even want anyone to come any closer to her. I am looking around to find the best deal. And yes I still need a cover before it rains which I think I can buy from a local honda store. Do you people have any recommendations?

Get an Internatrix Alarm. It costs $140. I got it on mine and its great! That's when your bike officially becomes a "she" because it talks.

internatrix.com

Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 AM

You, my friend, are a born sportbike enthusiast. You're the kind that I love giving a wave to because you're just as excited to be out there as I am. I always wave to everyone though, even eccentric Bimmer types and nose-in-the-air Harley-tards. In fact, I think the wave is one of the most rewarding things about motorcycles. I've also realized that it's only people who ride for the wrong reasons that 'don't like' other riders, and that just means they're not true motorcyclists, so who cares? Anyway, congratulations and keep your lid on!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM

Man i know how you feel. I just got my CBR last week and every time it's out of the shead I can not stop looking at it. Sucks you have to leave it outside, but I guess you have to for now. Well enjoy the new bike and be careful.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:26 AM

I know how you feel man. My bikes not even new to me anymore and i still take pictures of it, clean it, ride it every possible chance i can. Welcome to the sickness !

Old 09-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Get the alarm and a fat chain to run through the swingarm and wheel.....and do it NOW! My 04 F4i which I bought brand new and had everything was lifted from my complex in the middle of the night. F'N ****. Now my current 04'RR sleeps with a huge chain, alarm (with pager), cover and me with a ready ghetto blaster. Make them work for it if they are going to try yours. I hate a loser thief.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM

I have a 17yr old f2 and I still walk out to the shed and stare/sit/start it. I bought a 14X24 shed just so she could have a safe place to sleep. I even feel bad she is all alone out there...perfect excuse to adopt another!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My baby sits in the warm garage with its own little rubber floor mat...I couldn't imagine buying a bike only to leave it outside....
RB