Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Share your work experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Continue...property value dropped more than 50%...then did not sell anything for over 2 years...used up all the money earn during the short run...sig...

Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atleast you got the experience and the license so when the market picks up you can jump right in!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Default Expire

My License expire 2009...cannot afford to maintain without any sales. You know to maintain a realtor licenses it cost about $3 per pay...$900+ a year. I maintain it for 3-4 years without any sales... So I just let is expire...but I can renew in the future. Quit real estate, now working in import/export company.

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Atleast you got the experience and the license so when the market picks up you can jump right in!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 AM

worst job i had was school

Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 AM

Best job was when I was 14 and made well over minimum wage to be a farm hand at my best friends farm. We fooled around a lot but we also worked a lot. It was cool because we used to go there and bull**** for 3 hours before doing any work and then bull**** for 3 more hours and end up only working about 2 hours a day. It got old during the summer when we had to rebuild a barn, move mountains of chicken **** and roof a building so I quit right before freshmen year of highschool.

worst job was working for the rec departmen. I got paid crappy for the work I did.. the kids sucked, job was boring and the coworkers made me want to end their life. I will be quitting there after I get my cpr cert. from them!

best job is security. I do 3 hours of work a night and play angry birds, watch tv, read, internet etc etc. and I'm making about $1800 a month while living at home and going to community college full time. I would like to switch companies to something closer to home and on the day shift but ill stay here till they boot my *** if I ant find anything.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by gump
Best job was when I was 14 and made well over minimum wage to be a farm hand at my best friends farm. We fooled around a lot but we also worked a lot. It was cool because we used to go there and bull**** for 3 hours before doing any work and then bull**** for 3 more hours and end up only working about 2 hours a day. It got old during the summer when we had to rebuild a barn, move mountains of chicken **** and roof a building so I quit right before freshmen year of highschool.

worst job was working for the rec departmen. I got paid crappy for the work I did.. the kids sucked, job was boring and the coworkers made me want to end their life. I will be quitting there after I get my cpr cert. from them!

best job is security. I do 3 hours of work a night and play angry birds, watch tv, read, internet etc etc. and I'm making about $1800 a month while living at home and going to community college full time. I would like to switch companies to something closer to home and on the day shift but ill stay here till they boot my *** if I ant find anything.
meant to say current on

Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 AM

I've done some crappy stuff living on farms that I never got paid for (parent's farm) but since I left school I've worked on aircraft. My current job is pretty easy. For example, I permaswaged a coupling onto a blackhawk tail rotor hydraulic pipe and repaired a kevlar tail rotor gearbox fwd cowl today. Both totalling about 3hrs work within a 10hr day. And the shift I'm working is permanent days, four days a week. Monday to thursday this week and next week tuesday to friday (I only do a 6hr day on my friday I work). It's awesome cause I get a four day weekend once every fortnight! Oh, and every once in a while I get to go on test flights.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 AM
October 2011 ROTM

The best job I had was back in college when I worked for a flower vendor. I physically worked at Home Depot but I was employed by the flower vendor. I worked with one of my best friends so that made the job fun. It was just us two there so we would totally screw around, have water fights with the hoses and what not. Sprayed this old lady once, thought she was going to be pissed but she just laughed. If it rained we didn't work but got paid. Their wasn't a time clock so you didn't punch in or out. At the end of the week you just wrote down how long you worked and sent it to corp. There was MANY of days we would leave at like 1 go home, drink, play video games but say we worked til 5. Every once in a while the district manager would come in, and my God was she smoking hot. It was a great job.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 AM

worst job i ever had was working in a hydraulic press shop with a machine that spit hot oil everywhere.

Second best job was working for my friends circle track pit crew. He would race at raceway 7 in conneaut,oh and i would change out his tires check his oil check fuel and fuel pressure and load and unload his car. Then at the last race of the year he let me take his car out and zip it around the track.

The best job I have worked is my current job. I work in the internet marketing field and basically set my own hours surf the internet all day and have parties at work. M boss is also pretty cool and says whenever we want to take vacation time give him a days notice. Best job so far for me even though the pay is crap

Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Default Never..enough

From what I've understand...$$ is never enough..it's in our nature. But always positive to want more...so you'll work harder to earn more.

Best job so far for me even though the pay is crap[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Share your work experience