Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shane Stringer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shane Stringer

I just wanted to let anyone know that ever talked with Shane Stringer on the phone or on here that he died Tuesday night while riding his bike at 10pm in Pittsburgh PA. I set up a page for my self on here in memory of him!! Well will all miss him very much. He loved his web sight. If you have anything you want to say please do so and i will pass it on to his family.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shane Stringer

There was a post about him yesterday, my condolences.What was his site?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:24 PM

ss954rr i think he had a post on here about an half and hour before he died.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 PM

yeah i saw it, was at 8:30 CST time. the only thing that worries me about that is that he was talking about his speedo read 187MPH. just makes me think if it could have been avoided. do we have any details on what happened? either way, sorry to hear about the loss, always such a tragedy. another reminder of the season we have coming up, everyone needs to gear up, ride safe, and ride it like they are gunnin for ya!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

yeah i saw it, was at 8:30 CST time. the only thing that worries me about that is that he was talking about his speedo read 187MPH. just makes me think if it could have been avoided. do we have any details on what happened? either way, sorry to hear about the loss, always such a tragedy. another reminder of the season we have coming up, everyone needs to gear up, ride safe, and ride it like they are gunnin for ya!
On the other thread about him his buddy posted a link to the on-line news paper. Have to look around abit for it but there is an article about him. Speed was involved from what I read. Page two of the thread.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

ORIGINAL: rrasco

On the other thread about him his buddy posted a link to the on-line news paper. Have to look around abit for it but there is an article about him. Speed was involved from what I read. Page two of the thread.
yeah, i had seen the gazette page listed, d2 linked to the story, i read it today and they did mention he was speeding. wish it could have been avoided, i always hate to see anyone get hurt; especially a fellow rider.

eithey way, RIP to stinger. let us not mourn his death, rather celebrate his life.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:15 PM

Yes speed was part of it. The more i hear about the more i get sick about. He was a great man and will be missed so much by all. I want to thank everyone for there posts. I am printing them up and taking them to his family tommorrow. Please be safe while on your bikes.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: carebearking78

Yes speed was part of it. The more i hear about the more i get sick about. He was a great man and will be missed so much by all. I want to thank everyone for there posts. I am printing them up and taking them to his family tommorrow. Please be safe while on your bikes.
I'm sorry for your loss and please pass it to his family that I am sorry for their loss. This one really hit home as I remember his last post I knew the answer and did not reply as I thought it was a one time deal that he had done as far as the speed was concerned. I thought somebody might know and that I would get back a later time if he was not answered. It bothers me knowing that I read the post in between the time posted and the time of the accident.. Again, my condolences.Name:  sad.gif
Views: 15
Size:  244 Bytes
o8

Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 PM

I agree with not moruning his death but to be honest the people that knew him, knew what he had been through the last few years need to mourn. I now in time it will get easyer but for right now it is super hard. I talked to him everyday on the phone maybe a few times on the phone or myspace and now i cant talk to him.