Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

scary f***ing moment today

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scary f***ing moment today

ORIGINAL: woo545

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Cool Beans..
It's a common phrase...but where the heck did it come from?
Jason Harris 3rd grade.. on the big toy right after i told him i got the Ninja Turtles Sewer Set for my bday...

that help?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear of the scare Jaynd! ... Gotta watch for those wandering cars/trucks over the double yellow. I always ride like everyone is out to get me and assume they are drunk....lol

Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
RCR

With everyone going down you might of missed your turn "final destination" watch out!!! watch out.. Let us know if you see any visions.. I joke glad to hear the big tires missed you. I remember that vid in sight and sounds of that dude getting squished by a 18 wheeler, bad way to go.

https://cbrforum.com/m_468464/tm.htm

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Man, glad your came out alright!!! DEfensive driving it the way to go!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Glad your ok Jay, sounds scary as heck. Maybe i was your good omen today, since we are having so many accidents here lately, like 1 a day it seems. So today i took the hit for ya Be safe out there bro.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I almost hit a pedestrian which scared the crap outa me. Let me explain. I was coming up on a green light and there was a vehicle turning left. There are two lanes and the straight ahead lane is open which is the way I am going. I carry on my marry way when just as I am getting to the front corner of the vehicle turning left, there is a pedestrian trying to cross (I have a green light by the way). Never saw the gal!! My mirror missed her by just inches. She was crossing on a green light for me and against the cross walk signals for herself.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: marc0011

I almost hit a pedestrian which scared the crap outa me. Let me explain. I was coming up on a green light and there was a vehicle turning left. There are two lanes and the straight ahead lane is open which is the way I am going. I carry on my marry way when just as I am getting to the front corner of the vehicle turning left, there is a pedestrian trying to cross (I have a green light by the way). Never saw the gal!! My mirror missed her by just inches. She was crossing on a green light for me and against the cross walk signals for herself.
Oh my! ... I would have been pissed and scared as **** at the same time!!

But this brings up a topic for me. In my college town, we have a ton of cross walks. And more students will walkout infront of a car expecting the car to stop for them no matter how fast they are going.... but when i'm on my motorcycle, sooo many of my fellow students will try and yeild right-of-way to me on the bike.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

But this brings up a topic for me. In my college town, we have a ton of cross walks. And more students will walkout infront of a car expecting the car to stop for them no matter how fast they are going.... but when i'm on my motorcycle, sooo many of my fellow students will try and yeild right-of-way to me on the bike.

Of course they'll yield when you're on the bike. They want to look at it. I get that all the time.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:56 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Of course they'll yield when you're on the bike. They want to look at it. I get that all the time.
College towns are the worst for pedestrians just walking out in front of traffic esp. on campus. I've done it and had it done to me hundreds of times. But you're right Crash and Six, they do seem to wait on a bike and probably for the reason mentioned above. I know I do.....