Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Scars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scars

i tried this some time ago, and didnt get many replies.........*shrugs shoulders*........second time's a charm

lets see some memories here, lol. post up some pics/stories about your battle wounds. not broken bones (unless the scar/broken bone went "hand in hand").

i got mine while stunting my '05 YFZ450 quad back in '05. i was doing a seat stander, and went to jump to a sitdown wheelie (in 2nd or 3rd gear...on asphalt) and for some damn reason i went to the left of the seat. now i stunted that quad like no ones buisiness and had a wide variety of things i could do on it. i did that stunt all the time but for some damn reason i went to the left of the seat. so as i slid down onto/past the footpegs i remember saying to myself really loud *SHIIIIT*. My initial reaction was to hold onto the bars....that was my mistake. as i slid down and held the bars, it turned the wheels. so as the front touched the ground, wheels turned......the quad immideatly flipped over. i dont remember anything at that point. i remember getting up off the ground, knowing my hand hurt (not really hurt, but a burning feeling) but thought nothing of it. i looked to my right and saw my quad knotted up, and heard a buddy to my left say "holy ****, you alright?". at that point i noticed blood squirting up in my line of vision.....looked down and saw this (pic below). i swear it was the wiederst thing......i never really HURT. it burned quite a bit...but there wasnt any tremendous pain. i was shocked since i was looking at my tendons!!!! i ended up tearing through the muscle. they put ....... idk how many stitches in my muscle, and over 20 on the outside. now im left w/ a nice scar on my left arm.

oh, and it was my rear grab bar on my quad that did the damage. i 12'd it all the time and the bar was filed into a damn razor......literaly.

IF YOU DONT LIKE BLOOD.............DONT SCROLL DOWN!

Name:  Picture309-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  26.3 KB
Name:  Picture310.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  25.7 KB
Name:  Picture071.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  74.8 KB

Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scars

Well, I have mine on my chest.

now I have thisn nice Y shaped scar in my chest.
https://cbrforum.com/m_327354/tm.htm
Slipped on sand taking the on ramp to the freeway. Wasn't really paying atention, and it almost cost me my life. Hit the median barrier before I even hit the floor, and stopped dead cold on it. It had been crashed before so it was broken and not repaired so the broken part went into my chest. My shift mesh jacket stoped it from running me all the way throgh. Ended with 5 broken ribs, Colapsed lung, Pelvic ematoma, Bruised face, cut hand, cut nee, slight tear on my ACL.

Needless to say, gear rocks!! and saves lifes.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
RCR

Nice.... I don't have any scars.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM

Did this on a BMX bike jumping a dirtbike jump. Busted my spleen completely in half and literally bled eternally for 8hours. Radiologist thought my spleen was just perfurated. When the next radiologist came in he saw it was busted in half then they rushed me into surgery and remoed my spleen. I spent 6days in the Hospital. 3days in the ICU completely doped up on Morphine and Demoral. And 3 more days in a regular room on demoral. I was told I was pretty close to death a few times. 1 from nearly bleeding to death. The other from them having trouble stabilizing my heart in Post-op. And then from a bad bad fever while in the ICU.

I had to take Loritabs for 2months straight before I could get off of them. I also lost 30lbs in 6days from being on nothing but IV nutrition for that time.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mmm, juicy. Don't have any pics, but have a couple of scars on my arm & knee from a stack 40 years ago come December & I still dig bitumen out of em (especially the knee)

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 AM

i've been lucky myself with no scars man...no wait..you guys are ****ing lucky to be alive...broken bones dislocations nerve damage lol...nothing major.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM

Well, I've posted about my cracked up arms before, so here's the short version. Messed around on my F3 on a counrty backroad, lowsided into a ditch, held on the wholetime and when the bike stopped on a rock I went over the front and twisted/broke both my arms and disslocated both wrists.

The present scar looks a lot like Jaynd's...except they're straight and has marks from 18 staples

Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM

^^ funny last pic

I dont have any scars from riding, I have yet to...........well, im not even gonna say it.

i do have a few small scars from being a curious young one, and some from having an oldder bro.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going 55mph at night around a blind corner on a secluded back road and a giant black cat jumps out, I highside over the front end and land right on my knee. When they cleaned it up, you could see the kneecap and all...

Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 AM

In high school i took a huge jump on my dirtbike, came down wrong, the force of hitting the ground double compound fractured my right Femur. It was hanging out of my leg. All the scars aren't visable anymore because of leg hair, but i still have one you can see on my butt cheek where they put the metal rod in through. I'll save you all from seeing my butt though.