Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

is this a scam???????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I guess I can see that.
yea its kinda disappointing... ide still like to stay in the bike game though... im try to develop the next big things as far as sportbikes are concerned...

so ill still be around here for a while.....

Old 10-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
so ill still be around here for a while.....
that's good to know! i think a lot of people would miss you if you left all together. I can understand not wanting to leave a child fatherless.

i hate to say, but it don't sound like a very legit deal. looks like a nice bike from pics...i'm sure someone will get it off you!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 PM

I have sold many bikes tru paypal and it is completely legit. The only problem is you wound loss 2.9% if you don't mind. Sell it but don't remove the add till you get your money. When they pick it up never have the buyer pick it up at your house, choose a place like wal-mart or heb parking lot. Thats the way I deal when I don't trust the buyer. Johnnyh

Old 10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scam, don't do it. Even if it wasn't a scam, you really don't want to deal with that headache, trust me.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM

hey Z ive used paypal a lot and had a lot of guys trying to revoke the payment after they send it. So what you do is check their payment history and see if he is legit and that the account is NOT new. He will probably send u payment and then make a complaint to paypal and his bank to try to take the money back due to a "problem" with your bike. However, as long as you have evidence that he knowingly accepted all your conditions (i.e. no refunds, as is) paypal will be on your side. Remember, if the money comes in via paypal the money is in your hands (it will say in your online bank account). He will not be able to take it from you.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What...your SELLING a 929rr??? Im confused!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Total scam. I've been sent these things many times when I've tried to sell stuff.

1. He doesn't specifically mention the item you're selling, which means he sends mass emails to hundreds (thousands?) of sellers, hoping to get a few who will fall for it.

2. He doesn't even try to negotiate the price down one cent.

3. The word "agent" is used all the time by these types of scammers.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM

+1 RoadiJeff....Z , 929 is a killer bike and yool have no trouble sellin it , wait for a legit buyer, with cash in hand.....

Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd pass unless he allows you to use your own shipping company. Which could then be tracked as part of the transaction.

Otherwise he could transfer the money, have his 'shipping company' (which may not exist) pick it up and then dispute that the bike was never shipped to him. Under those circumstances, Paypal would side with him in a dispute

Old 10-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, pure scam.

And Bambam is right, Z. You shouldn't have a hard time finding a legit buyer for a 929.

Quick Reply: is this a scam???????????