Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

is this a scam???????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a scam???????????

a guy emailed me on the 929rr im selling saying this what do you guys think

Thanks for your response, I am quite okay with your price, I need you to understand that i am willing and ready to purchase it right away, put it off the AD site, consider me as your favorite buyer, and Please note that i have a shipper/mover who handles my shipping arrangement anywhere in the world, he would be coming for the pickup, after you have received payment, which would be through paypal, If this is acceptable, advice soon as i am an Military and i am buying this for my Dad,i am at work right now .I can only pay through pay pal at the moment as i do not have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my pay pal account, and this is why i insisted on using pay pal to pay,all i will need is your pay pal email address to make the payments,and if you do not have a pay pal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted.
I want you to provide me with the following information for me to proceed with the Payment...
Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
full name:
I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payment...

Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 PM

I wouldn't trust it man. anything that has to do with paying "indirectly" for a bike is fishy as hell. Anything to do with "shipping" or "agent coming to pick it up" is WAY fishy as hell. Tell him his agent can come with the cash in hand or whatever. That's some bull**** man, don't fall for it.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt do it.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dayum you need to pick a name n stick to it lol

and didnt you just trade for the 929???

Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM

normally ide say no right off the bat but this guys is wanting to use paypal which is pretty legit... ive never heard of scammers wanting to use paypal

Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM

dude think about it - the guy is in the military. He's probably not loaded, because it's an older bike right? Which means he DEFINITELY doesn't have an agent to handle his "shipping all around the world". who has a ****ing agent around here? Lol. That's another word for "some guy is going to pick up your bike after I commit fraud against you." it just sounds risky ;(

Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
dayum you need to pick a name n stick to it lol

and didnt you just trade for the 929???
lol yea i did playful but i went for a ride yesterday and all i can think about is what if something happened to me... i dont want my little girl to grow up without a dad... also i currently have no health insurance so thats a double wammy... christmas time is coming up and i want my baby girl to have a amazing first christmas so i decided to sell the bike pay off all my loans i currently have.

maybe in future a bit ill get another bike but until then

Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM

as for the name people kept complaining it was too long and hard to look at

Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That certainly sounds peculiar but im not sure where the scam comes in if hes going to pay you in full before his "agent" picks up the bike unless hes doing something on his end to scam paypal or the bank. Either way it definitely sounds like a scam of some sort though so i wouldnt bother. Cash in hand like ren said. I found a good deal on a gixxer and i went to email the guy about it and he gave me some story about him being away for business for a few weeks and id have to pay his wife via paypal. Same fishy type of story so i just moved on. not worth risking the bike or the money over...there will be other buyers

Old 10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I can see that.

I too call scam. PPL can pay via paypal then reverse charges at their bank or cc

Quick Reply: is this a scam???????????