Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad day for Crash!! Updated w/ video 4/29/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad day for Crash!! Updated w/ video 4/29/08

Sorryif this postisn't thebest written. In pain and a hurry....

Well I screwed up about 2 hours ago. We were out for a ride this afternoon enjoying the 65 degree weather with about 3 other bikes. I had just dialed in my suspension and it was feeling great!!. Inspired confidence! (Tooo muchcome to find out)So I decided to throw on the 1 piece suit and take it for a spend in the local twisties that I run daily. Well we went through the first time just fine and everyone was happy and riding safely (great bunch of riders). On the return trip a buddy of mine was filming me while I went back through the turns. (A mixture of 15mph/25mph turns) Well I started fine and was holding my lines great even though I would occasionally touch the knees down. (Don't like doing this on public streets but the damn bike feel so good in the turns, and I didnt feel as if I was pushing any limits) Well I started to set-up for a nice banked uphill left hander .. approached it great....went in great ... well the knee touched down pretty solid in this turn and it kinda through me off, so looking up through the turn, I throught I had room to bring the bike back up a tad and swing wide(Instead of sliding on my knee slider,(not that experienced). .....Well you guys guessed it.... Swung tooo wide. ... Pavement turned to gravel ... gravel turn into the side of the mountain. Mountain meets bike and me between 45 - 55mphs(don't know was looking through the turn...lol). NOW this is 1000 percent my fault and I rode beyond my limits. (which im entirely not happy with) I'm down about 2k for parts on my '07 and my shoulder hurts like a b**ch. But I wanted to shared this story with everyone to expression a few things.

1. Rode past my limits, no ones fault but mine[:@]
2. Crashed my bike[>:]
3. I was Fully Geared down with Boots, Helmet, Gloves, 1 piece leathers, back brace,frame sliders, spools
4. I walked away from this 50+mph accident with a sore shoulderONLYand road my bike back.
5. My bike's frame, tires, swing arm, rims...etc are fine because she also was wearing her gear. Only cosmetic damages.

So everyone PLEASE GEAR UP and Ride Responsbility!!!

I'll post the video in a few days. Damn! I hate to be a "that guy" ...[>:]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alwzuOgg8Bg#GU5U2spHI_4

Name:  0321081807d.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  8.1 KB
Name:  0321081807a.jpg
Size:  7.2 KB
Name:  0321081807.jpg
Size:  7.8 KB
Name:  0321081806.jpg
Size:  8.3 KB

Off to the doctors to make sure everythings in tact. [&:]

Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sad day for Crash!!

Geez that sucks...but at least you walked away. Get the shoulder checked out anyway. Make sure it's nothing major.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Glad you are ok. Sorry to hear about the bike. Let us know about the shoulder.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brother, sorry t here about the bike. She sure was purdy. Glad to see that you walked away from it.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your mishap...

Hopeully you and your bike will be back to normal in no time

Old 03-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Retired Moderator

Sorry about your mishap bro (felt wrong to use your screen name)

PROPS ON GEARING UP though. [sm=smiley20.gif]

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

On the return trip a buddy of mine was filming me while I went back through the turns.

.....Well you guys guessed it.... Swung tooo wide. ... Pavement turned to gravel ... gravel turn into the side of the mountain.
Many seem to make this mistake when they know they're being filmed, not sure how much of it had to do with yours but the old saying "Ride your ride" "Ride within your limits" should apply while being filmed as well. Not preaching or anything just adding on to your lessons learned list. Heal up that shoulder.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Sorry to hear, heal up quickly.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

crash, maaaaaaaan. sorry as hell to read this. as i clicked it and waited for the page to load i was worried as to what i'd be reading. i hate hearing all these crash stories. makes me nervous that my "turn" is coming.

i hope the bike doesnt eat a hole in your pocket. get it fixed and get back out there. take care, brother. hope the shoulder feels better.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Sorry about the accident. Hope everything works out with the CBR and you yourself are ok! Good luck!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Retired Moderator

Man...I am glad you are okay, but that is a major drag. Thank you for sharing and driving home the point that we need to all check our egos sometimes.

Quick Reply: Sad day for Crash!! Updated w/ video 4/29/08