Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ron Ayers.com sucks balls

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ron Ayers.com sucks *****

i would put it on a trickle charger and NOT jump it. you can fry your reg/reclike that.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

ORIGINAL: 900RR Puzzle

Hey Dizzie,

For an aftermarket stator, check out:

http://www.electrosport.com/electros...al_honda3.html

They are supposed to be the best aftermarket.

For a factory one, check out:

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/hard_parts.htm

If you know the Honda part number already, you can click on the "interactive pricing" and just enter the number. I bought some bearings and stuff for the Puzzle from Service. It took a couple of weeks (like most parts for a 900RR) to get them, but they were the best priced and I had no problems at all.

Is your reg/rec OK or just a bad battery? It seems awefully early for a stator to fail in a 2005.
well where u been? get that 900 done yet? I guess that the 04-05 models have been known to have stator problems. Found a buy on ebay that has one for bout $130, its aftermarket and it comes with a 6 month warranty and he says that it doesnt have any of the problems that the oem has had. Im just waiting right now to get a confirmation from ronayers that they are givin me my money back. Called them bout 15 mins ago and the short bus rider that answered the phone didnt know what the hell i was talking bout and said that he would email me if the part was discontinued. They are giving me the run around. Gonna call in another hour if i still dont have an email, and call me credit card company bout it also. Just wanna get my bike back and running again. At least with the down time im gonna have time to change the break lines. Gotta wait to add on my alarm and pc3 till after i get my bike runnin again. Anybody know if im gonna need to get a new batt or can i just jump it?
Dude, I've been so busy since the company I work for got bought out. This is good though, I'm making more money.

To answer your other question, YEAH!! I got the thing put together (for now) and all legal and stuff. I took it for it's maiden voyage a few weeks ago. I've been so busy with work and family stuff, that I have really only rode it about 4-times (all locally) since.

I'm down in Mexico, right now, at a sales meeting. I had some time to kill, so I thought I would see where you were at with this.

Is that battery still the original one? If so, I would plan on replacing it. Like rrasco said, though, put it on a trickle charger and see what happens. If you don't have one, go to Walmart and get one of those Black and Decker ones. I got one that I keep the 900RR on, all of the time. I think it was like $18.00.

In the 900RR circles, a lot of guys I talked to really recommend the Electro-sport stator. I think the one for you 1KRR is like $130.00.

I gotta go, got a meeting in 1/2-hour (with free drinks).

Old 04-29-2007, 05:39 PM

so just becuase the part is back ordered means ronayers.com "sucks *****"? thats not a good summation imo but try servicehonda.com just like rrasco said i ordered about 200 in parts from them and they should be here this week.......

Old 04-29-2007, 06:52 PM

ahh **** that sucks

Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: hondadriver4life

so just becuase the part is back ordered means ronayers.com "sucks *****"? thats not a good summation imo but try servicehonda.com just like rrasco said i ordered about 200 in parts from them and they should be here this week.......
Reading farther into his post you see that customer service isnt on par (in his case) as many, many, many other companies. They told him a part was discontinued from honda, but being an 05, definately should not be discontinued. They want to charge him a 25% restocking fee on something they cant even restock (according to them) meaning "were gonna take your money, just cause we can". To me, that sucks *****

Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 AM

Dude, I've been so busy since the company I work for got bought out. This is good though, I'm making more money.

To answer your other question, YEAH!! I got the thing put together (for now) and all legal and stuff. I took it for it's maiden voyage a few weeks ago. I've been so busy with work and family stuff, that I have really only rode it about 4-times (all locally) since.

I'm down in Mexico, right now, at a sales meeting. I had some time to kill, so I thought I would see where you were at with this.

Is that battery still the original one? If so, I would plan on replacing it. Like rrasco said, though, put it on a trickle charger and see what happens. If you don't have one, go to Walmart and get one of those Black and Decker ones. I got one that I keep the 900RR on, all of the time. I think it was like $18.00.

In the 900RR circles, a lot of guys I talked to really recommend the Electro-sport stator. I think the one for you 1KRR is like $130.00.

Man, that sounds tight...must be nice to be in Mexico right now lol. Have a couple drinks for me.

Found a stator on ebay, just waitin to get it from the damn post office. Gonna go today to get it. Also got a new battery on there, the old one wouldnt do ****e when put on a charger. Im in the prossess of takin alot of stuff off of my bike. Was gonna sell my pc3, alarm, and the powdercoated swingarm that i have for it but when i was changin the brake lines yesterday i said "WTF" and just started puttin all that other crap on lol. Oh well. Just waitin for some more brake pads for the front and the rear and i gotta take the swingarm in so i can get the bearings put back in her. Gonna take off all the stickers on her exept the 1000rr's on the tale section. Also gonna powder coat the alt cover and the right engine cover. Gonna look swwweeeeeeettt after its all said and done. Cant wait to ride again, figure just a couple more weeks and ill be back on her like before....then ill need new tires again [:@].

Hondadriver....yes they do suck ***** . But...i ended up gettin my money back after bout a week tho so i guess it all worked out, just woulda liked to find out sooner and all. Probably wouldnt do business with them again unless i really really really need to, savin a $10 isnt worth the freakin headache ya know.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Man, that sounds tight...must be nice to be in Mexico right now lol. Have a couple drinks for me.

Found a stator on ebay, just waitin to get it from the damn post office. Gonna go today to get it. Also got a new battery on there, the old one wouldnt do ****e when put on a charger. Im in the prossess of takin alot of stuff off of my bike. Was gonna sell my pc3, alarm, and the powdercoated swingarm that i have for it but when i was changin the brake lines yesterday i said "WTF" and just started puttin all that other crap on lol. Oh well. Just waitin for some more brake pads for the front and the rear and i gotta take the swingarm in so i can get the bearings put back in her. Gonna take off all the stickers on her exept the 1000rr's on the tale section. Also gonna powder coat the alt cover and the right engine cover. Gonna look swwweeeeeeettt after its all said and done. Cant wait to ride again, figure just a couple more weeks and ill be back on her like before....then ill need new tires again [:@].

Hondadriver....yes they do suck ***** . But...i ended up gettin my money back after bout a week tho so i guess it all worked out, just woulda liked to find out sooner and all. Probably wouldnt do business with them again unless i really really really need to, savin a $10 isnt worth the freakin headache ya know.
yeah i agree with you fully man but next time try servicehonda.com. they are cheaper than ronayers.com but the shipping isnt as fast......

Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Yeah bud, Mexico was all right. The beer was good. I even got to experience a small earthquake, freaky. I got home late Saturday night.

Sounds like the old 1KRR is going to be looking really sweet in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see it. I guess you won't be going to Quaker Steak tonight, huh.

Let me now how it's going.