Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RIP... with a positive note...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP... with a positive note...

I just got word from Don Johnson; one of our lead Motorcycle safety Instructors.

Mr Jerry Morningstar, our Motorcycle safety program Manager passed this past week, after complications from surgery.Jerry had numerous health issues and they finally overcame him, but for the last couple of years he tirelessly revamped the motorcycle safety program on our base, adopted the sportbike training course ahead of time, and made a great impact on our riding community.

On a positive note...Jerry will be sorely missed, but we are better people for having known him. Jerry was a great man, and had a great life, that enriched the ones of those around him.

Attached is Don's message:

Folks,

It is with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart that I need to pass on to you of the passing of Jerry Morningstar after post surgical complications on 23 Nov 2008.
Jerry will be sadly missed by all that knew him and loved him. Please keep his wife Tina and his 10 year old son Shaun in your prayers. I pray that God keeps him close and takes care of this wonderful man.

Jerry was the Robins AFB Motorcycle Safety program manager and has had a huge impact on the Motorcycle Safety Program at Robins AFB. Jerry is a very good friend of mine and a super friend to all Motorcyclists. He fought for our new Motorcycle Safety Range to make the training that we receive and provide to all Motorcyclists of Robins AFB the best that it can be.

As details come in on the service I will let you all know. I will be planning a Memorial Poker type run to help raise some funds for Tina and Shaun.
I hope to contact the Patriot Guard and all Riders to have a Ride from the Museum of Aviation to the Service. It sure would be great to have a couple of hundred bikes at the service for this man. Again, I’ll keep you Posted with the details as soon as I receive them from Tina.

Rest in Peace Jerry, You will be missed !!! Donn Sends .......

Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: RIP... with a positive note...

Sad, WDR, I will say a prayer for him, and his family.
May he ride the highways in the sky, and smile...........
RIP Jerry Morningstar.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:46 PM

R.I.P.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
RCR

RIP

Old 11-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice
we are better people for having known him. Jerry was a great man, and had a great life, that enriched the ones of those around him.
To me, that's the best indication of a life well lived. If we can leave the world a better place than we found it, in some small way, then theres not much more to ask for. RIP