CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Positive development

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive development

Today, my buddy at work that has the '91 F2 I'm going to buy comes to my desk and gives me some good news.
I've been bugging him for some pix to get my blood boiling and help me save the cash needed to procure it from him.
So he comes into my office and starts talking about bikes in general and I end up asking him about the pix. He tells me his wife is bringing home the camera this weekend, she's been on a business trip and needed the camera, so he'll get me the pix this weekend.
So I reiterate that the pix will help me stay on track for the fund raising. I also tell him that I spent the last $ I had to on my dirt bike so I can now concentrate on saving for this bike. He says "Just come over and pick it up and we'll get even whenever you have the cash".
I know this guy, have for about 3 years now and I know his wife from about 12 years ago so I know it's all good.
Dudes, I'm sooooo stoked! I can't wait to get started on this bike! Yeesssss! Winter project!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Old 10-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Is your avatar your bike? Very nice! This bike will be my first "sport" bike. I've ridden them but never owned one. This bike is like the '79 Z-28 in my shop, it's what I had wood for when I was a young man. Lol! The new bikes are badass but this bike takes me back and it's fast enough for an old fat man like me anyway.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 AM

just kidding...

Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome - but, one thing....I wouldn't sink a ton of cash into the bike before you own it.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by RedBaron

just kidding...

Old 10-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wranghondo
Is your avatar your bike? Very nice! This bike will be my first "sport" bike. I've ridden them but never owned one. This bike is like the '79 Z-28 in my shop, it's what I had wood for when I was a young man. Lol! The new bikes are badass but this bike takes me back and it's fast enough for an old fat man like me anyway.
Yes, that's my bike its my first. I have never owned or "drove" a bike before last month. I was always stuck on the back :/ I am SO happy to have my own! I love it!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be sure and get full coverage, "just in case". It would suck if anything happened and
got stuck with a busted bike and payments, especially since it's your buddy.

+1 to adrenaln's comment, too.

Ern

Old 10-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by TechGirl1414
Yes, that's my bike its my first. I have never owned or "drove" a bike before last month. I was always stuck on the back :/ I am SO happy to have my own! I love it!
Sweet! It's soooo much more fun when YOU have the bars in YOUR hands isn't it? I can't explain why I love motorcycling so much, I just do. I ride a Harley right now but I've never been a Harley snob. I'm a "motorcycle enthusiast" not a "biker". I'll ride damn near anything, anywhere with anyone!

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Be sure and get full coverage, "just in case". It would suck if anything happened and
got stuck with a busted bike and payments, especially since it's your buddy.

+1 to adrenaln's comment, too.

Ern
Absolutely! I just got my dirt bike (2011 RMZ 450) back together and Monday I'll get it insured. I found out that home owner's insurance doesn't cover vehicles that are not licensed for road use. Also if you don't get it insured and it gets "nicked" (jacked in Americanese) you're SOL. Same for a fire too, home owner's doesn't cover it. And your auto insurance doesn't cover it if it gets snatched out of your truck somewhere. If yer not insured and something happens you get to make payments on a "ghost" bike. Not good!

+1 on not losing your investment in a classic sport bike too! I think the one I/we need is stated value insurance. You have the insurance person look at it and verify your investment, prolly take pix etc. and then insure you for a certain amount. Keep all receipts! If you had 5K invested in your "old" bike and it got jacked they're gonna pay you what the bike blue-books for and that's usually not much at all maybe only $1000 or even less in many cases. Then if you want to buy yer bike bike, if it is recovered, you have to buy it back and guess what, yer gonna pay too much! Been there, done that!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Awesome - but, one thing....I wouldn't sink a ton of cash into the bike before you own it.

Oops, I missed this! Yeah, absolutely not! I've seen friends do that and it came out bad. Funny, it almost happened to me with that Z-28 I have. Long story short, I had to cough up a grand to keep that car AFTER I put about $700 into it. Thought I could trust my "friend" of 15 years. Not so! Lesson learned.

Oh, and to add; I told the guy, accidentally, that I have this old Toyota P/U that I'm not gonna do anything with and his eyes lit up. I smell a partial trade!!!

Last edited by Wranghondo; 11-05-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: To add

Quick Reply: Positive development