Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RIP Pontiac

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP Pontiac

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...on-monday.html

No more driving excitement...

Old 04-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they're cutting the wrong branches.

I've always said they should push all of their brands into one (keep the label if you wish)... and cut any vehicles from the line they duplicate.

There is no reason to self compete which they've done for years. Fill each spot in the market with a car that can be sold to the masses. If it won't sell don't force it. Stop focusing on specialty low volume cars, and turn to the masses. There are millions of civics on the road, that's honda's bread and butter. Time to learn from them.

We have a cavalier... there is absolutely nothing special about the car, except it was cheap to buy, easy to work on, and the parts were cheap. huh - sounds like a good car to me. We switched to nissan for our second car because? it drove like a car not a truck, the dealership was awesome, and they were most open to bargaining. If they made any money off me, they are gouging the hell out of the regular customer.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangfire
You see things like that and this whole "economic crisis" seems harder to just shrug off. .
general motors was in trouble far before the economic crisis ever started. i think its a great thing there down sizing and im sure they will just rebadge some of the cars and put them on chevy lots. i personally believe they have far to much brand overlap which drives up prices. toyota runs with 3 brands and is kicking gms butt who runs 7 brands but i might be missing one.

thats funny about the Nissan. becuase my buddy had the cheap nissan i think the sentra? the one thats like 12g and i had a cobalt he asked to barrow the cobalt and i took the sentra to the dealer for him. the sentra rode and drove like a semi to me. i didnt even know any one still used a direct link solid shifter. i thought the car was very poorly made it rattled the whole way there. he came back to me and told me how great my cobalt was and traded in the Nissan two weeks later for one. i mean this was an 07 sentra the cheapest one you could get vs 07 cobalt ls (cheap model) i dont know if they have done a redesign since then maybe there better now.