Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding techniques section?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007 | 11:06 PM
Banned
Default RE: Riding techniques section?

quality advice on riding with in the limits and not starting on a 1000CC like all their friends may have done. What's a life worth? I say good idea.
Well said. Someone has to let these people know that a 600RR (now that the F4i is gone)or 1000RR is not a beginners bike. Just because many people survive the 'first bike CBR600' syndrome, doesn't mean it is right. Everybody preaches the **** out of 'all gear, all the time' mantra, but I hear less and less of a modern 600 will f**king kill you. I guess I am tired of reading about dead and maimed noobs on bikes.

Old 08-28-2007 | 03:36 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: Riding techniques section?

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I'm going to have to say that putting in section for newbies for safety/riding information would be a great idea. It's not the masses you really think about with this section. We should be thinking about the one, two, or twenty responsible people who come here, new, and receive some quality advice on riding with in the limits and not starting on a 1000CC like all their friends may have done. What's a life worth? I say good idea.
Very well put, that is the idea. With some of the members on here....not naming any names.....but the response some people get to a simple question would deter alot of people from asking. "Freakin' noob!!" "Sounds like a squid!" "See you on the 5 o'clock news" Stuff like that or worse. The concept is have a section of Techniques....not an open forum for riding discussions but a locked forum with information for new and old riders. Different levels of skill questions and riding questions. Stuff that all those people who find our site by doing a google search are looking for because they just got their first CBR or first bike for that fact! We are here to mentor others and provide information when needed and the questions that come up should have an answer. This will allow us to give that answer.

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness

If you really wanted to learn about riding technique, couldn't you buy one of the many books?
Did you have any friends when you were a kid? You know people who you "shared" ideas with so you didn't have yo spend all that cash?