Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding jeans... there's gotta be some other tall people around here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding jeans... there's gotta be some other tall people around here.

So I posted this in the Ladies section and got no response. Obviously I'm the tallest girl around here . Thought I might get a couple more opinions here.

Anyway, I've been looking into getting some riding jeans and the longest inseam I can find is 34" (and that's for the Talls)... I'm 36". So that's not going to work. Also found a pair of Speed and Strength textile chaps, but the inseam is 33".

Just curious what you other tall girls (or your wife or girlfriend or sister...) wear.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

As much as I hate Icon gear, They have the most female gear I would start looking their first however, Alpine star would be my 2nd place to look for pants.

But you may just have to wear really really really tight pants
and if you do... post pic's

I must admit i'm clueless on female sizes but

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=PAR_2815-0024
seems like there are a lot

Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on the pics! Kidding. I love my girlfriend who's looking over my shoulder and would never ogle another lady

On the serious side tho, is there some local place that carries gear? What you might have to do is get a base reference size with like an A* pants then contact the manufacturer of the jeans to cross-reference.

Also try searching for other e-stores that carry the jeans you're looking for. Some post sizing charts. The guys I buy my gear from, Revzilla, don't carry jeans but are beyond helpful. You might consider giving them a call and asking for help. They've offered to special order items for me on several occasions, including contacting the manufacturer to get the sizing right.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Most sizing charts I check out are 32" or 33" inseams. I found one pair that is available in 34", might order them just to try. Going to Chicago this weekend, might try to get away for an hour to check out a couple shops, if not then going to STL next month and will probably look around down there.

I was hoping there would be someone who could say,"yes, I'm 6'0 and I wear these and they are long enough"....