CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   ridiculous (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/ridiculous-37877/)

drakito 05-02-2007 02:42 AM

RE: ridiculous

So yesterday I saw upwards of 60 riders out and about, just on mydrive home from work.
Guess how many had on a helmet?

out of those guess how many had on a armored jacket?

7 (3 guys with girlfriends also in armor on cruisers, 1 on a 05 GSX-R 1000)

Guess how many had full gear with pants/boots/gloves?

1 (new ducati 1098)

Out of all the guys without the armor (7)
the other 53+ were in jeans, t-shirts, wife beaters and shorts. NO gloves,the dudes with helmets were rockin it short style too. Now I only saw maybe 5 sport bikes(the duke, gsxr, 2 ninjas and1 cbr 1krr) But the cruiser guys had kids, girlfriends, brothers, roomates. You name it on the back and not even a pair of chaps or a leather jacket in sight! A couple of leather vests though. WTFr is that!
BTW no helmet law for adults in Utah. Only under 18 is required.
A funny side note:
The 2 ninjas were twin bikes, one red, one black. Driven by twin riders with matching sunglass, who had twin girls on the back, all dressed the same! fackin hilarious, my wife about died laughing!

transambird_2000 05-02-2007 03:54 AM

My favorites are the guys who wear gear, but have a girl on the back in t-shirt and shorts and flip-flops. Ya she looks good,but she is going to look like **** if ya go down dumbass. If ya can afford gear buy her some too.

05RR 05-02-2007 04:31 AM

Reminds me of these f**king idiots...was smoking a cig, letting my bike warm up and the guy with theyellow helmet, just bought it andwas showing it off, when they took off, he had it strapped to the side of his bike, as you can see 2 of them had shorts on 1 with shorts had a jacket...that same day a couple came cruising in, he was on a 600 she was on a Busa, you can tell that she was a beginner because she kept on stalling it, almost ran into the building when pulling up...and you know damn good and well when/if they do wreck, they're like "...I wish that I'd of worn my gear!"...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3207/367DB5C621DC48998BB017757BAA6EB7.jpg[/IMG]

TEN 05-02-2007 11:04 AM

Stupid people crack me up....

K0NPHL1C7 05-02-2007 11:32 AM

I wear Jeans and a helmet when I ride. Can't afford a full leather suit, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from riding. I do wear a leather, but it's not a "name brand" racing 500$ jacket. I guess i'm a squid.......

JZHALES 05-02-2007 11:38 AM

who says u need name brand, and really who says you gotta have leathers i have a $135 textile with wicked armor

95HondaCBRF3 05-02-2007 11:54 AM

i think the best thing is when the helmet it on the side of the bike on the holder and they are riding in a wife beater and sunglasses lol idiot!

Slipspace 05-02-2007 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

so at school today i counted guys i saw with helmets but no other gear, i believe the count was lke 5 in shorts 3 in jeans 1 with a jacket one with FLIP FLOPS and ive just seen 2 more in shorts one with a tank top on for that nice summer breeze[8D] one of them in shorts is my friend ryan he asked why i wasnt riding i said man its just too ****in hot (for jacket gloves jeans its 92 right now) anyway i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja. i just thought that was an interesting day, how the hell do you wear sandals in the first place wouldnt the shifter hurt your foot?
Look in all my time here I have never gotten in an argument with anyone but you have got to stop with your daily postings about how you saw some guys out riding today without gear, we get the point, people do it in NC. Let me assure you that this does not only happen around you but in fact happens all over the world so you are not the witnessto some ground breaking trend down there. When the weather gets hot like it has been lately people including myself choose not to wear jackets and that is a chance we take when we are out on the road, deal with it. Someone learned on a 500 and then bought a Busa, someone call CNN! Someone on a R6 is revving his engine in a parking lot, oh no! Post something that matters next time.

TEN 05-02-2007 01:14 PM

[sm=bicker.gif]

Here we go....

brian72 05-02-2007 02:54 PM

Oh come on, what does it matter what people post on here, if you dont like what ppl post and its not offensive who cares. If your sick of reading stuff like that then don't read it. As soon as you see what it's about hit the back key. No need to flame on him. Just my opinion as is yours