CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   ridiculous (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/ridiculous-37877/)

JZHALES 05-01-2007 07:04 PM

ridiculous

so at school today i counted guys i saw with helmets but no other gear, i believe the count was lke 5 in shorts 3 in jeans 1 with a jacket one with FLIP FLOPS and ive just seen 2 more in shorts one with a tank top on for that nice summer breeze[8D] one of them in shorts is my friend ryan he asked why i wasnt riding i said man its just too ****in hot (for jacket gloves jeans its 92 right now) anyway i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja. i just thought that was an interesting day, how the hell do you wear sandals in the first place wouldnt the shifter hurt your foot?

cjp48 05-01-2007 07:23 PM

RE: ridiculous

apparantly common sense isn't so common,
all you can do is roll your eyes and shake your head.

not sure about the flip-flops. Maybe he goes everywhere in first gear ?

JZHALES 05-01-2007 07:47 PM

oh oh i forgot the kid i mentioned last week onthe brand new R6 he circled the lot for a good 5 minutes revving before riding off

stupidhead 05-01-2007 08:08 PM

Hahaha squids crack me up

VP 05-01-2007 08:13 PM

man people are just nuts... I was pretty sure most people who rode around with t-shirts and shorts did it because they hadn't fallen before. that guy with the busa who crashed 2 times now is crazy

crazyhorse95gt 05-01-2007 08:16 PM

i went on a mountain ride yesterday, only saw 1 guy on a busa with a helmet only. 100% of the sportbikers were in tank tops and cargo shorts. I felt akward with all the gear but strangly comfortable

voodoochyl 05-01-2007 09:32 PM

I saw a t shirt, shorts, tennis shoes guy, with his7-8 year old on the back in (you guessed it) shorts, t shirt, and tennis shoes. I was so pissed at the guy. What do you do? That's not fair to his kid.

therabbit 05-01-2007 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES
i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja.
And people wonder why I suggest starting small. Obviously this guy is a prime candidate for an upcoming darwin award, and not like a lot of riders, but still....

davefolds3 05-02-2007 12:19 AM

saw an old friend of mine who rides a seriously bad ass Honda 1800...helmet law was taken out of effect in PA a few years back--I gave him a ton of **** for it. I don't get that they can give you a ticket for no seatbelt but it's fine for dumbasses to not wear a helmet. NO, ABSOLUTLEY NO excuse for riding without gear

JZHALES 05-02-2007 01:45 AM

yea he was wearing jeans the hayabusa kid whos got a ninja now, but no jacket no gloves but he said he lives like 2 or 3 miles away, sitll tho, he said he was in a coma for 2 days after the shadow wreck and that the busa wreck ate straight thru his leathers