CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   ridiculous (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/ridiculous-37877/)

JZHALES 05-01-2007 07:04 PM

ridiculous

so at school today i counted guys i saw with helmets but no other gear, i believe the count was lke 5 in shorts 3 in jeans 1 with a jacket one with FLIP FLOPS and ive just seen 2 more in shorts one with a tank top on for that nice summer breeze[8D] one of them in shorts is my friend ryan he asked why i wasnt riding i said man its just too ****in hot (for jacket gloves jeans its 92 right now) anyway i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja. i just thought that was an interesting day, how the hell do you wear sandals in the first place wouldnt the shifter hurt your foot?

cjp48 05-01-2007 07:23 PM

RE: ridiculous

apparantly common sense isn't so common,
all you can do is roll your eyes and shake your head.

not sure about the flip-flops. Maybe he goes everywhere in first gear ?

JZHALES 05-01-2007 07:47 PM

oh oh i forgot the kid i mentioned last week onthe brand new R6 he circled the lot for a good 5 minutes revving before riding off

stupidhead 05-01-2007 08:08 PM

Hahaha squids crack me up

VP 05-01-2007 08:13 PM

man people are just nuts... I was pretty sure most people who rode around with t-shirts and shorts did it because they hadn't fallen before. that guy with the busa who crashed 2 times now is crazy

crazyhorse95gt 05-01-2007 08:16 PM

i went on a mountain ride yesterday, only saw 1 guy on a busa with a helmet only. 100% of the sportbikers were in tank tops and cargo shorts. I felt akward with all the gear but strangly comfortable

voodoochyl 05-01-2007 09:32 PM

I saw a t shirt, shorts, tennis shoes guy, with his7-8 year old on the back in (you guessed it) shorts, t shirt, and tennis shoes. I was so pissed at the guy. What do you do? That's not fair to his kid.

therabbit 05-01-2007 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES
i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja.
And people wonder why I suggest starting small. Obviously this guy is a prime candidate for an upcoming darwin award, and not like a lot of riders, but still....

davefolds3 05-02-2007 12:19 AM

saw an old friend of mine who rides a seriously bad ass Honda 1800...helmet law was taken out of effect in PA a few years back--I gave him a ton of **** for it. I don't get that they can give you a ticket for no seatbelt but it's fine for dumbasses to not wear a helmet. NO, ABSOLUTLEY NO excuse for riding without gear

JZHALES 05-02-2007 01:45 AM

yea he was wearing jeans the hayabusa kid whos got a ninja now, but no jacket no gloves but he said he lives like 2 or 3 miles away, sitll tho, he said he was in a coma for 2 days after the shadow wreck and that the busa wreck ate straight thru his leathers

drakito 05-02-2007 02:42 AM

So yesterday I saw upwards of 60 riders out and about, just on mydrive home from work.
Guess how many had on a helmet?

out of those guess how many had on a armored jacket?

7 (3 guys with girlfriends also in armor on cruisers, 1 on a 05 GSX-R 1000)

Guess how many had full gear with pants/boots/gloves?

1 (new ducati 1098)

Out of all the guys without the armor (7)
the other 53+ were in jeans, t-shirts, wife beaters and shorts. NO gloves,the dudes with helmets were rockin it short style too. Now I only saw maybe 5 sport bikes(the duke, gsxr, 2 ninjas and1 cbr 1krr) But the cruiser guys had kids, girlfriends, brothers, roomates. You name it on the back and not even a pair of chaps or a leather jacket in sight! A couple of leather vests though. WTFr is that!
BTW no helmet law for adults in Utah. Only under 18 is required.
A funny side note:
The 2 ninjas were twin bikes, one red, one black. Driven by twin riders with matching sunglass, who had twin girls on the back, all dressed the same! fackin hilarious, my wife about died laughing!

transambird_2000 05-02-2007 03:54 AM

My favorites are the guys who wear gear, but have a girl on the back in t-shirt and shorts and flip-flops. Ya she looks good,but she is going to look like **** if ya go down dumbass. If ya can afford gear buy her some too.

05RR 05-02-2007 04:31 AM

Reminds me of these f**king idiots...was smoking a cig, letting my bike warm up and the guy with theyellow helmet, just bought it andwas showing it off, when they took off, he had it strapped to the side of his bike, as you can see 2 of them had shorts on 1 with shorts had a jacket...that same day a couple came cruising in, he was on a 600 she was on a Busa, you can tell that she was a beginner because she kept on stalling it, almost ran into the building when pulling up...and you know damn good and well when/if they do wreck, they're like "...I wish that I'd of worn my gear!"...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3207/367DB5C621DC48998BB017757BAA6EB7.jpg[/IMG]

TEN 05-02-2007 11:04 AM

Stupid people crack me up....

K0NPHL1C7 05-02-2007 11:32 AM

I wear Jeans and a helmet when I ride. Can't afford a full leather suit, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from riding. I do wear a leather, but it's not a "name brand" racing 500$ jacket. I guess i'm a squid.......

JZHALES 05-02-2007 11:38 AM

who says u need name brand, and really who says you gotta have leathers i have a $135 textile with wicked armor

95HondaCBRF3 05-02-2007 11:54 AM

i think the best thing is when the helmet it on the side of the bike on the holder and they are riding in a wife beater and sunglasses lol idiot!

Slipspace 05-02-2007 12:46 PM

so at school today i counted guys i saw with helmets but no other gear, i believe the count was lke 5 in shorts 3 in jeans 1 with a jacket one with FLIP FLOPS and ive just seen 2 more in shorts one with a tank top on for that nice summer breeze[8D] one of them in shorts is my friend ryan he asked why i wasnt riding i said man its just too ****in hot (for jacket gloves jeans its 92 right now) anyway i met another kid riding a ninja 500, said damn man thats great u started on a 500, he then informed me that he had a shadow to start with, was hit by a car, put in a coma, settled for $275,000 and decided it was hayabusa time, till that bike was destroyed, he said it ate thru his leathers he was goin so fast, now hes rockin the ninja. i just thought that was an interesting day, how the hell do you wear sandals in the first place wouldnt the shifter hurt your foot?
Look in all my time here I have never gotten in an argument with anyone but you have got to stop with your daily postings about how you saw some guys out riding today without gear, we get the point, people do it in NC. Let me assure you that this does not only happen around you but in fact happens all over the world so you are not the witnessto some ground breaking trend down there. When the weather gets hot like it has been lately people including myself choose not to wear jackets and that is a chance we take when we are out on the road, deal with it. Someone learned on a 500 and then bought a Busa, someone call CNN! Someone on a R6 is revving his engine in a parking lot, oh no! Post something that matters next time.

TEN 05-02-2007 01:14 PM

[sm=bicker.gif]

Here we go....

brian72 05-02-2007 02:54 PM

Oh come on, what does it matter what people post on here, if you dont like what ppl post and its not offensive who cares. If your sick of reading stuff like that then don't read it. As soon as you see what it's about hit the back key. No need to flame on him. Just my opinion as is yours

BlindLOKI 05-02-2007 07:07 PM

hahahahah.... dont worry, no one took that the wrong way, like your trying to tell him to shut up cause hes insignificant and your prolly better. Seen it all, done it all, we understand hahahah

cmon dude, lighten up. Like these guys said, if you dont like it, dont read it. no real reason for you to come on and tell him how is post is no good and you dont care....

also... the guy "learned" on a shadow, crashed it, bought a busa, crashed it so fast that his leathers were worn completely through, THEN got a ninja 500... dont you think thats bass ackwards?

agentofdarkness 05-02-2007 10:53 PM

I was riding the other day and I saw this guy on a GSX-R600. He was wearing a Joe Rocket jacket, jeans and sunglasses. He had a girl on the back in sweat pants and a T-shirt. The thing was, it was cold as balls out. I was wondering how they ride when its cold out without a helmet. I had a jacket, helmet, and gloves and I was still cold.

voodoochyl 05-02-2007 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness

I was riding the other day and I saw this guy on a GSX-R600. He was wearing a Joe Rocket jacket, jeans and sunglasses. He had a girl on the back in sweat pants and a T-shirt. The thing was, it was cold as balls out. I was wondering how they ride when its cold out without a helmet. I had a jacket, helmet, and gloves and I was still cold.
Was there any nippage happening? I hope she was okay at the end of the ride, and I hope you have pics...:D

JZHALES 05-03-2007 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: F4inorfolkva

Look in all my time here I have never gotten in an argument with anyone but you have got to stop with your daily postings about how you saw some guys out riding today without gear, we get the point, people do it in NC. Let me assure you that this does not only happen around you but in fact happens all over the world so you are not the witnessto some ground breaking trend down there. When the weather gets hot like it has been lately people including myself choose not to wear jackets and that is a chance we take when we are out on the road, deal with it. Someone learned on a 500 and then bought a Busa, someone call CNN! Someone on a R6 is revving his engine in a parking lot, oh no! Post something that matters next time.

you cant eat a dick sailor, try not to drop the soap

tank_900rr 05-03-2007 12:31 AM

Funny stuff brohttps://cbrforum.com/micons/m9.gifhttps://cbrforum.com/micons/m12.gifhttps://cbrforum.com/micons/m9.gifhttps://cbrforum.com/micons/m12.gifI got yo back!!!

agentofdarkness 05-03-2007 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Was there any nippage happening? I hope she was okay at the end of the ride, and I hope you have pics...:D

LOL. I didn't really look for nippage. I try not to stare at ppl and the guy on the bike could have easily beat my ass. Don't have pics, the pockets in my jacket are really small and for some reason misplaced so its impossible for me to get my hands in there. She was fairly hot though. I find that ppl on crotch rockets have hot girls on the back. I don't think i've ever seen any of the girls with gear on. Actually, one time I was riding home and this guy in a van pulled up next to me and started talking to me. He wanted a couple of his buddies (who I later met) to take the license test on my Ninja 250. One of the guys had a 600RR and the other had a GSX-R600. I don't think there was any gear between the 2 guys and 2 passangers.

tank_900rr 05-03-2007 12:44 AM

Back to the subject. I wear a textile NexGen jacket with extreme armor, Iicon armored gloves and a KBC Viper "lid", and armored knee pads(previeous accidents have taught me better),usually with jeans and tennis, but I really need to get some of those bad ass GP style boots. I saw a vid once that shows a dude wearinjeans a shirtand alid, butwhen he falls breaks his foot "badly".Gear would not have helped him here.Hope it's not a repost.Graphic, but informative. Get boots!

NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH, this vid just goes to show that we need to gear up at all times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWIRwgg11w

Viddoesn't show the crash occur, just the aftermath near the end.

Brandon77 05-03-2007 01:30 AM

[sm=lildevil.gif]

JZHALES 05-03-2007 02:26 AM

is that the vid of the guys riding power wheelie spreaders and he snaps his foot around im not signing up for youtube to see it, dude what kind of kneepads do u have i got some today and i went down off a 12 oclock and realized about 5 minutes later that it had eaten thru my jeans and scuffed my pad, thank god for the pad lol i didnt even know my knee hit the ground

suicidal 05-03-2007 07:29 AM

a guy left tonight when i was pulling in for my class, he had a sweat suit on w/ a helmet. It made me laugh.

Theres probably 4-5 brand new gixxers, 1-2 new 600RR's

One of the gixxers is rashed already [:@]

tank_900rr 05-05-2007 12:27 AM

dude what kind of kneepads do u have
I had lost sight of this thread, I was lookin for it to see responses on the vid. Well, there's this store down the street from my house called Cycle Gear, they have bad ass deals. I have some Fox 2007standard knee/shin guards, ther're pretty cheap($15) and not so bulky, so they fit well under your jeans/pants. They are actually for dirt bike riding but I find them very comfotable for the road and they are very sturdy. Check out their website, you can order sh!t too. www.cyclegear.com

JZHALES 05-05-2007 04:41 AM

yea thats what i stunt in only i didnt get the fox cause they didnt fit but same thing yea

aaron1085 05-05-2007 03:34 PM

a good friend of mine just spun out on her bike and got flipped over the handlebars.. i always harrassed her when she would wear a tshirt when riding or capir pants, well, sure enough she was wearing a tshirt and capri pants and has some lovely road rash. True, she could have been alot worse but still, "dress for the crash, not the ride"

BlindinOrange 05-05-2007 05:39 PM

I may wear jeans but I wear leg armor under them...... never ride without gear.....

fishfryer527 05-05-2007 05:49 PM

I saw this squid the other day on a bike, short sleeve shirt, radar gun, badge, glock, engages in high speed pusuits all the time. No flip-flops. I was gonna harrass him, but he also had a taser. Oh yeah, when I drove by he gave me a quick wave. Squids crack me up.

SchiraF4I 05-05-2007 07:09 PM

why is everyone giving him a hard time?? I hate to see people without gear on and if posting about it gets one more person to wise up and put some on then so be it... Lets say some new guy comes rolling by the forums and sees a posts about wearing gear blah blah and then sees how the rest of the riding community thinks about it and maybe just maybe he will put on a helmet and maybe a jacket next time he goes out and to me that is worth it. So get up off his nuts about it.

jaynd 05-05-2007 07:53 PM

im a newbie, only been on my first bike for 3 weeks. i ALWAAAAAAAYS wear my icon timax gloves, icon daytona leather jacket, icon mainframe helmet, and over the ankle steeltoe boots. i just havent gotten pants. i cant find any that i'd feel safe enough in. i know the jeans, such as icon jeans.....have kevlar woven into them, so they are obviously better than the regular store bought jeans i do wear. but im looking for some AFFORDABLE textile pants. im trying to find the icon timax pants b/c i like those ALOT, the look and i'd feel very comfortable in them. its tough to find them on the net, and no dealers near me have them either.

fishfryer527 05-05-2007 08:28 PM

why is everyone giving him a hard time??
Somehow a guy on a sportbike is a squid if he isn't armored head to toe (admittedly the smart thing to do), but other types of bike it is fashionable not to wear anything more than a bandana and a tattoo. Without a doubt, we all want to be safe, but maybe it is expected of sportbike riders to be in full battledress all the time because for the most part 'we' tend to ride like maniacs. It seems every other post involves wheelies or top-end or dragon this or chicken strip that.

I guess my point is that kevlar pants don't stop your neck from snapping and titanium gloves will help prevent road rash, but won't stop collapsed lungs, maybe if we didn't have these 'safety items' we would really recognize that restraintand maturity is the best form of protection, not some aramid fiber like kevlar created by dupont 30 years ago and we would ride accordingly, not like a bunch of little punks with a new toy.

Sorry for the rant.

JZHALES 05-05-2007 08:38 PM

did u ask why everyone was giving me a hard time? i didnt know anyone was other than that one guy, +1 one that last post fish abot restraint and control, im glad its summer so i dont hafta be at school and associate with these fools everyday at least till august, but dont squids hibernate from september-may?