Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riders with kids...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianmarinus
yeah, just isn't going to work out.. my kids aren't THAT well behaved. They would try jumping off or something, psh.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Default pedo-o-nate

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Kids love peanut butter.
You would know, ped-o

Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's all about responsibility. If you leave your kids with some lousy babysitter...then you two take off to have all the fun, then it's not fair. Just make sure kids are in good hands...doing meaningful, educational activities and it's okay. Everyone will have one of those family member or friend that will try to say something negative to spoil your fun, bc themselves do not have the chance? Just make sure kids are in good hand, so you two will feel relax & easy. The last thing I want to do is go riding with worries in my mind...my head must be clear of everything, put all the work, business, family etc..issues away, just enjoy a free day. With good feeling, brings positive energy!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 AM

Thanks estate4life. We definitely left the children in good hands That would be a mood killer. For the most part my husband took it easy, although he learned his threshold quick with me on the back :/ Needless to say he won't ever do that again, if he wants to keep his

Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah....I feel ya...I have 3 girls!!!! Yes 3. Its totally different responsibility than taking care of a motorcycle or car. Financially & mentally...but there is really no "handbook" to "how to" raising kids...you just do what is best & hope they do well....and of course try to avoid your decision making affecting our kids. If you know what is righteous....be firm. Not simple as Not riding when you have kids is NOT being responsible? It is rather you Not smoking, Not drinking, Not gamble kids tuition, Not cursing...ditto is true responsible. If you addicted to smoke & really need a puff...do it discreetly. Letting your kids see you smoke will give them the idea that it is ok to....same goes for everything you do. How you treat your mom is how your kids will treat you...sorry, I just hijacked thread subject....lol...

Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) I assume you and your husband both have wills that say what happens to your kids if you both die while the kids are still minors. You need to specify who would have parental authority over them, probably a grandparent or aunt or uncle. And enough life insurance to provide for them up to and including college tuition. If you have kids you need to do these things regardless of whether you ride.

2) Like the others said, if you ride responsibly, take safety training, wear full gear, never ride intoxicated, save the high speeds for the track, you greatly reduce the chances of something bad happening.

3) Kids think bikes are cool, and will think their parents are much cooler if they ride. At track days you see a lot of riders' kids hanging around, riding little pit bikes, learning how to wrench. And teenagers who aren't old enough to get their licenses will be out there ripping it up on the track. Family togetherness is so important to children's sense of security and wellbeing, and if riding is something that you and your husband share and can share with your kids, both now and as they get older, that is priceless.