Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riders with kids...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most definitely you should ride with your husband TechGirl. My wife does not ride with
me ...she's just not into it.....but she has no problem with my addiction ....however
my elder brothers and sisters on the other hand think it's their duty to try and instill
some kind of guilty feeling on me because of my sportbikes I too have young kids
...... of course you know what happens when they try that...... .......add another
bike and send them youtubes of some nice quick paced - bike videos ...lol

Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CBRclassic.. I LOVE your picture! LOL Thank you everyone. I ended up taking that ride and had a blast! The afterparty was great also all sitting and talking about the ride. All the guys are hell bent on me getting my own bike though haha. We are working on it

Link to pics of last night
https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-trip...5/#post1100946

Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

He told me I had no business riding since I have 3 children
And while you're at it, make sure and teach your kids not to live, not to take chances, and not to pursue the things they want to do.
Nothing here is guaranteed anyway - life is a hazardous activity, and few things suck more than regret. The way I see it: smart, aware motorcycling is the opposite of irresponsible.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:10 PM

That really annoys me as well. I don't care if he was my brother I would tell him to "f" off. I've already told me family that wants to hate to just not talk to me about it. Thousands of ppl ride that have children. They are just being senseless. I'm 23. I have. 3 year old daughter whom I have absolute full custody of. I know my risks and so does everyone else. Just have fun and not worry. Only God knows when your time is up. No one else.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TechGirl1414
CBRclassic.. I LOVE your picture! LOL Thank you everyone. I ended up taking that ride and had a blast! The afterparty was great also all sitting and talking about the ride. All the guys are hell bent on me getting my own bike though haha. We are working on it

Link to pics of last night
https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-trip...5/#post1100946
That's awesome and glad you had. Great time! Yes I understand why they want you to have your own motorcycle! It's really fun to have a killion rider but it's even better when the girl decides to ride her own bike bc we know how much she will really enjoy it!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Posed the question to my wife. She says, "Okay so you have a 1 in a million chance of being struck by lightning. If you wear purple shoes you have a 10 in a
million chance. You are 10x more likely to get struck when wearing purple shoes.
So should you never wear purple shoes? The risk is STILL infintesimal that
you will get struck by lightning!". This is in reference to the risk of death form
a car vs motorcycle analogy. She is borderline grizzly where care of our son is concerned. She says, "RIDE!".

Ern

Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 PM

I have a 13 month old girl, and 2 months after I got the f3, found out my fiance is pregnant. I also have a mustang gt and a taurus. Everyone looks at me like I'm some kind of scumbag, the stang and taurus will be fully paid for by Christmas, and the bike by next summer (baby is due in April).

I don't have a problem with people riding or usually doing anything thats typically "dangerous." What I do have a problem with is some guys I know who ride who have kids and do the dumbest things that give sport bike riders a bad name. Wheelies in highway traffic, dodging in and out of traffic, and just driving like idiots.

My advice? Ride safe. Ride alert. And have some fun. Just because you have kids, doesn't mean its a death sentence.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM

i have a 9 year old and my wife and i both ride. i think its silly to not ride cuz ther eis a chance of something bad happening. live your life . you could die walking out the door , driving your car or any other thing.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06
That's awesome and glad you had. Great time! Yes I understand why they want you to have your own motorcycle! It's really fun to have a killion rider but it's even better when the girl decides to ride her own bike bc we know how much she will really enjoy it!
. Oh I want my own bike! I always have. The only problem is that... I have 3 kids! I'm always broke! I had a sweet mustang that was paid off and hubz made me sell it for a bigger car (he wa just jealous I spent more time with her) haha. I will get one, one day.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM

This is how they do here in Thailand:

http://https://picasaweb.google.com/...eat=directlink

Quick Reply: Riders with kids...