Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Recommendations for "German Style" Helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommendations for "German Style" Helmets?

So, at the behest of my girlfriend, I've finally convinced her father to start wearing a helmet after 40+ years riding. He's mentioned before that he likes the "German style" helmets (stuff like this) http://www.leatherup.com/p/Outlaw-He...ets/55982.html

Any suggestions for shopping for one? We're trying to get him and his wife one for Christmas. I've only ever shopped/worn full face helmets so i'm in the dark on these. Our only requirements are a decent price, good fit, and DOT or SNELL certification, as it doesn't do us much good to get him a helmet that won't actually do any good if he lays the bike down.

EDIT: Just realized I accidently autocorrected recommendations to "Retrogradations" when posting the subject. Should be fixed now.

Last edited by comodidit; 11-30-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Subject Issues.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i beleive bell makes on in that style.... so ide check them out

ill be honest a helmet is better than none but non full face helmets are pretty much useless in a crash

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yep. Unless he plans on crashing and only hitting the top of his head, he's toast. But if he hasn't worn one in 40+ years, it's a start.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fixed the thread title

Old 12-01-2010, 06:30 AM

I bought a dot approved one off eBay for like 35$ in chrome. They are hard as **** and I used mine rarely. It looked damn good with my neoprene skull mask though.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by __Z__
ill be honest a helmet is better than none but non full face helmets are pretty much useless in a crash
agreed. That type of helmet may save your life but your face will be ripped off. I would advise him to weigh his helmet decision to safety, not style.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM

I understand the importance of a full face, but imo a harley with a full face helmet looks stupid..... u know that movie wild hogs, the dude that bought the harley, he was a poser....thats what i think about harley riders with full face......feel free to bash me.....
A HELMET COMPARED TO NO HELMET IS ALWAYS BETTER.....

Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol pimpn idk how many time youve been torn up over this subject haha from now on you should just say check all the other threads i commented on when it comes to this topic

Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM

___Z___, i know. its all opinion, nothing wrong wit a lil arguin here and there. Youre still cool as ice in my book.... plus them halo jobs you do are bad azz

Old 12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
I understand the importance of a full face, but imo a harley with a full face helmet looks stupid..... u know that movie wild hogs, the dude that bought the harley, he was a poser....thats what i think about harley riders with full face......feel free to bash me.....
A HELMET COMPARED TO NO HELMET IS ALWAYS BETTER.....

I would rather have a handful of people look at me like I am a poser, rather than be dead.

But on the flip side...I get what you are saying, it does look off when a guy on a harley is wearing a full faced helmet.

But.........Ide rather be alive.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for "German Style" Helmets?