Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Real ****ing Rant Bad Day Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Real ****ing Rant Bad Day

Overjoyed to read your recovery is going well.
If I'd been there, those low-crotched punks would have gotten it in stereo, my brother.
For me, my PTSD control is a dial, not a switch. Fear-based anger is a sumbitch!
Upon reflection, if you had to do it over, what would you have done differently?
How would you feel if you did nothing and some little kid got maimed?
Pace, Gris.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Now Raven at the moment, I probably would not have handled the situation any differently. That is the problem apparently, because I have taken quite a bit of heat on this end. From different sources on how I should have handled it. I will be the first to admit that I am not 10 feet tall or bullet proof. And in no way am I in any way under the impression that I could not have been injured hell I have spent more time laid up in the last couple of years than I have been proactive. It has been suggested that I should have contacted local law-enforcement and asked them to patrol the area more often. And this might have been the more levelheaded answer to the problem and is something that I'm taking under advisement if something like this happens again.
Now For the Update

I would like to add that today while I was picking up little HC. After returning from my volunteer duties at the VA center, the largest of the three who was not in the car the other day was getting out of his big *** four-wheel-drive and walked to the fence and ask if he could speak to me for a minute. I said yes and sent little HC back into the house with his aunt. As I walked to the fence I was already sizing him up for a little instruction. But as I got to the fence. He said first let me apologize for all that **** that when on the other day and said they were going to take it easy on the street. Not going to give you the blow-by-blow. But things went well, if he was seeking some kind of an apology from me though. There was not one issued, and I did reinforce the fact that I was quite serious with my intentions will just have to see if they are men of their word or not

Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

It's me! On the screen! At Hardcorp's house! Look, it's me! LOL

And this quote from TK is my favorite...so true:

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Why didnt you just save all that typing and put down "Bad Mother F*&^%* "

Old 04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man was big enough to apologise, at least.....let's see how they behave in future. People have a habit of talking one way and acting another, especially later after a few beers, the boys may get brave........keep focus, and control, Gunny."Little HC" -I like that !- It's a lot for a little guy to live up to, though. But being a fourth generation Marine, you know that....

Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 PM

I think Hardcorp should forever be known as "Dirty Hardcorp"!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:00 AM

That's pretty savage..taking a gun away that was pointed at you and keeping it.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure as hell beats giving it back and getting shot for your pains.
Just a thought, Gunny - maybe let the police do a ballistics test on it - you may be holding a weapon that was used in a felony, and could be implicated.....?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Way headed of you shadow weapon is not stolen or linked to anything but damn well was not going to give it back either. As for the maneuver itself. The Israelis like to take credit for inventing it, but it is only a modified maneuver of where the weapon is knocked away taken out of the equation completely