Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant: Rap Music

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant: Rap Music

ORIGINAL: Bean600

suburbs have their look, just like the hood has their look, any and everyones dress can be criticized at some point by some of youif your a closed minded person..what you want to talk about next? the food people eat in the hood?

this is a lame thread imo

I live in the suburbs. I used to live in a expensive area too. Its all the same here. I just dont get why some little, rich, white kid wants to look and act like that.

Im not hating on anybody. I just don’t get it. So what if you can identify with the emotion in the song. Almost all songs have some kind of emotion. Still does not mean they can relate to it. Yeah I listen to some rap. I cant relate to that or alot of the other music I listen to. But imitating something that they are not or could never be does not make sense to me.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM

figured a topic like this would eventually arise. everybody is entitled to there own opinion. i like rap, and i love rap that comes outta texas. my only problem is that people who do like rap dont give texas the props it deserves, matter a fact texas doesnt get any props it deserves. i dont have a problem wit any type of music if it has a good beat and the song is jammin then i like it so im not gonna come on here and say this and that is crap cuz music is music just interpreted in different ways. people have different terminology for definitions, some people understand what it means and some dont.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM

i dont know what your talking about but Houston/Texas has always been on the map since scarface..wanna try a city not on the rap map, try Boston Ma

Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Sad thing is i'm black and i rather listen to heavy metel and now getting back in my trance,techno phase again thanks to a radio station in chicago. I mean don't get me wrong i will listen to rap every once in awhile. they are starting to use techno beats which is poping.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Ya'll just remember. When you still one of P. Diddy songs, you're also stilling from who he stole from. Just remember that.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

Sad thing is i'm black and i rather listen to heavy metel and now getting back in my trance,techno phase again thanks to a radio station in chicago. I mean don't get me wrong i will listen to rap every once in awhile. they are starting to use techno beats which is poping.
**** yes. I love how the beats are gettin more techno in them. Rick Ross's CD has some sickkkkkkkk beats.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Ya'll just remember. When you still one of P. Diddy songs, you're also stilling from who he stole from. Just remember that.
Remember when P-stank-puff-doody did that theme song for Godzilla using the Led Zepplin song "Kashmir"? Here it is if you don't remember Kashmir The sad part was that Jimmy Page was an active participant in that sacrilege...a sad day in music!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:41 AM

I'm not big into rap, but I have heard songs that I've liked. I see all music as expression. My only problem with it is what it seems to breed, you get people trying to be something they're not becuase they're trying to be something they're not, just based on what they heard in a song. I see them setting aside their individuality in an effort to become part of something to gain acceptance. This is just as true with other forms and genres of music, not just rap.

Although I thought it was funny this weekend, I was up home in PA in my old red-necky town at a Sheetz putting gas in the truck. A red chrysler sebring with chromies pulls in blaring rap music. The door opens and the first thing I see is a camouflage hat, worn as intended by the manufacturer, when he gets out, I see that he's of caucasian descent white "realtree" t-shirt, jeans and steel-toed boots. I couldn't help but chuckle. I guess he's not one of the ones that tries to become what he listens to.

I guess I'm the same way, I don't dress or conduct myself to fit in with anything. I mostly listen to "angry white-boy" music, but you wouldn't think it to look at me. I listen to and enjoy various genres of music with the exception of pop... I CAN'T STAND any of the teeny-bopper music.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 AM

It's better than country.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM

I've been really busy at work due to various tournaments going on, so, I'm back, seen this topic and figured that I'd chime in. I absolutely HATE that jibber jabber yam bulls**t. They all talk about the same crap (smokn' crack, having to sell crack to make a living to support the 100 kids they have, shooting people, degrading women, getting their nasty *** hair braided, "big whips" on dubs, calling eachother the "N" word?!?! what if Alan Jackson/Slayer said craka' every 2 words?...all kinds of total crap).

Quick Reply: Rant: Rap Music