Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant: Rap Music

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant: Rap Music

Rap sucks. The words don't matter. The question you have to ask yourself is do I really want to hear and understand what these people are trying to tell me? Of course not, I don't care about the 'hood' or a chrsler 300 with 24s or a girl with a big ***. Shut up and stop grabbing your *****. stop yelling at me. Once in a while there is is a decent rap song out there, but they are few and far between, kinda like good disco records.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM

I agree the rap that is out now is mostly garbage, too simply and the south ruined it IMO. I love rap music in general and not all rap is about bitches and hoes that's just the most mainstream part of it. Listen to a lupe fiasco, common or talib kweli cd and you'll see. I grew up with the early 90s music, biggie, tupac, jayz, nas and wutang were some my favs and I still listen to their music. But we all have an opinion and that's good. I grew up in the "hood" so I can relate to SOME of what they talk about not all of it. I cannot relate to rocking a ac/dc t-shirt and going out skateboarding or whatever but i don't think rock, classical, blues or jazz sucks, its just not for me....I'm sure for as many as you that hate rap you can find someone else that hates your favorite genre...if we had only one or two genres that would suck IMO

Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

i like rap.... but i have to agree that most of the new stuff sucks a$$, they jsut make up words to a tired beat.... older stuff is much better 2pac all the way, alot of underground rap is alot better too
Are you white or black or what? Did you know that 2Pac was one of the most racist black people? He didn't like us crackers very much. If you're white, that would kinda be like a black man listening to some skinhead band.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 AM

I agree rap sucks! I would much rather be listening to death metal!!!! WOOT!!! "YEAAAAAAAAAA I WANA KILL YOUR MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANA KILL MY MAMAAAAAAAAAAAA KILL MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!" Whenever we go play pool at the local pool hall here that's all the crap they play I want to just break their receiver.

And if I can't listen to some great death metal about killing your mom then how about some whiney b$%^@es that's pretty good too. " waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaawaaawaaawaaaaaaaaa my life is so horrible waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I make millions of dollas waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boooooohoooooooooooo I'll dye my hair black and cry so you listen to my music and give me millions waaaaaaaaaaa we should just all kill ourselves boohooooooooo waaaaaaaaaa"

Wow I went pretty crazy on that subject....

Rap > that crap up there ^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 AM

I dont like it very much. I will not listen to it on the radio. I miss MC Hammer! What blows my mind is how influential that crap is. Why is that every white kid that lives by me (I call it LynnHood) Thinks hes a gangster?!?! Hats are crooked (I guess they bought them like that), Over sized scarface shirt (only size available was XXXL), jeans around thier knees (mom needs to buy them a belt). Ijust dont see why people want toemulate that.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

I dont like it very much. I will not listen to it on the radio. I miss MC Hammer! What blows my mind is how influential that crap is. Why is that every white kid that lives by me (I call it LynnHood) Thinks hes a gangster?!?! Hats are crooked (I guess they bought them like that), Over sized scarface shirt (only size available was XXXL), jeans around thier knees (mom needs to buy them a belt). Ijust dont see why people want toemulate that.
I dont see why girls even hang out with guys that dress like that. What I'm about to say is going to make me metrosexual but oh well. When you put on XXXL shirts and jeans on your knees your completely hiding your body. Most of my clothes are from Holister. I shop there because their clothes fit me like no other. I want to show you my pecks and butt and crap.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Rap is the ****. But then again I listen to everything. Dirty south rap is also the ****, you're thinking way to deeply about the lyrics to enjoy the music.. Just because the song is about "pimpin hoes" "killn ****gaz at the club" doesnt meant you cant identify with it. The song still has emotion, "pimpness", "anger", whatever the song is about. You dont have to have been in the exact same situation to know what it feels like to feel good, or angry, or down.

TI is the ****, Lil Wayne, Three 6 Mafia, Lil Wyte, Rick Ross, Pac, Biggie, D12, Yes ****in Eminem is good, Obie Trice, Pastor Troy. TREAL.

For "old" or "indie" rap...or just less known...
stuff like Wu Tang, Tech N9NE, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Yak Ballz, Necro..

then again like I said.. Im open to any kind of music.. lots of crazy metal, black, symphonic, death, melodic, drone. Weird techno, glitch, rave, house, ambient. Classical, Jazz whatever.. it doesnt matter. Just because what they're saying in the song hasn't happened to you doesn't mean you cant understand and identify with the emotion behind it.

I dont know if any of this made sense.

-ebear

Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM

Also for you guys talkin **** about how people dress just because you dont like.. who gives a flying ****? they aren't hurting you .. they just like to dress in a different style than you do.. OH WELL, get over it...if you get angry over ever little stupid *** thing like that you can never be happy... you guys need to calmm down on the hatin. For the record I don't dress like that at all.. and I dont think it looks good.. but I dont look down on people who dress like that. Though I do wear fitted hats and I do make them crookd

Old 07-27-2007, 12:44 PM

suburbs have their look, just like the hood has their look, any and everyones dress can be criticized at some point by some of youif your a closed minded person..what you want to talk about next? the food people eat in the hood?

this is a lame thread imo

Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM

i dont like the new ****e out there at all. i had my lil gangsta faze, then i realized thati was payin $80 for a damn pair of jeans that would only last bout 2 cycles in the washer machine [:@]. Whatevers clever. It was the same thing when all u older people out there were growin up...u think ur parents liked Pink Floyd or KISS? Come on, its just a cycle. Thats when u know ur really gettin old is when u start not likin the music that is played today and start critizin it and then say "Back in my day ________ was what was cool. I dont see how you youngsters can listen to this crap nowadays!"

Same thing with how people dress, it always changes and the older generations hate on the newer ones...its just a cycle. It all really depends on what u identify with imo.

Quick Reply: Rant: Rap Music