Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant: Rap Music

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant: Rap Music

I like most rap, but i sure do really really really (not hate) country music (or white trash rap)

Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 PM

i like rap in general, but i'm 100% with you about pop rap, its all crap. its unoriginal. as a genre, i love rap music, but the bull**** mtv type that most kids are listening to is just absolute crap

Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i like anything as long as it has a good beat.. but what i dont like about hip hop/rap is that the songs they sing about the average listener cant identify with.. because we all dont have 20k grillz up in our moufs, and we dont be pimpin the watches and collars while the bitches holla , rollin in our 1/2 million $ cars while drinkin tha cryztal and smokin blutns and popin caps in anyone who disrespects ...

or maybe you do.... ..

but thats why i do listen to country because most listeners of country music can identify with the lyrics and yes thatdoes mean that you lost your girl, your truck , your dog etc country sings about real life , rap is about the life you wish you had (for some people)

Old 07-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator

What I don't like about rap, for one, is that there are many "samples" that are rapped over. My opinion of original music is that you come up with your own ****, and not use someone else's songs. I am old enough to remember when rap came out. Seemed like it came out when breakdancing did...kind of went hand in hand. If your origin was breakdancing, I can't give you my seal of approval. Ido feel it is a valid form of music for many, but I just can't relate...unless it is theBeastie Boys...they are cool.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:00 AM

PINK FLOYD!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM

i like rap.... but i have to agree that most of the new stuff sucks a$$, they jsut make up words to a tired beat.... older stuff is much better 2pac all the way, alot of underground rap is alot better too

Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 AM

i listen to Rap....Bone Thugs-N-Harmony...i like their old school stuff. i listen to underground rap too....Tech N9NE is good.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what annoys me is when some kid see's Beenie Siegal on MTV wearing a doo-rag and a NY hat baaaaaaarely on his head..........and the kid does the same. idk, that just annoys me. you wouldnt have done it otherwise! i love social distortion....greatest band ever........but you dont see me throwing on a pair of Dickies, a gas station attendant jacket, and slicking my hair back just to look/be like Mike Ness!

my two cents.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree
I think it came down to an all time low when I heard the song "My lip gloss is popin". WTF! I get ragged because I let it known to everyone know I hate rap and thats all everyone listens to in Louisiana.
I don't really think thats rap... [:@] Snoop Dogg, Soulja Boy, Pual wall = Rap

[8D]

Old 07-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont get me wrong, i likED rap....late 90's rap. all the **** out now is so horrible, and southern rap.......oh dont get me started, lol! i cannot stand that bull**** of "i did muh hur, went over thur, drank a bur, andsatin tha chur"

i refuse to listen to rap now, but i love pulling some older rap cds from my collection once in a while and listening to them.

Quick Reply: Rant: Rap Music