Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Raleigh, NC area ROLL CALL

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Raleigh, NC area ROLL CALL

hey fellas, it looks like i'll be moving somewhere in the Raleigh area about 2 months from now. what are some good areas to live in, and what are some areas to stay away from? the wife got offered a teaching job in the area - and we're taking it. it's part of the teach for america program - so we don't know exactly which school she's getting placed at, but we know it's going to be that area (Raleigh). i have no idea what i'm going to do for work - but i'll figure that out when i get up there.

with that in mind, i'd like to get some info on basic stuff (good areas, fun things to do, things to look out for, what you like about the area, what you don't like about the area, hows the work market, etc) so that i can start to get a feel for what it's going to be like. and what are some good things and bad things about NC in general? i know there's a small state income tax, but it also seems to be a pretty reasonable place to live as far as cost of living goes

any info would be great.

and don't forget to tell me where some good riding roads are! (i've already mapped a way to the deals gap from raleigh). whats motorcycling like in NC? what's the season typically?