Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Racism SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Racism SUCKS!

As long as u have a bike that could kill you, then you have a nice bike by my standards.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Sounds like something pissed you off.
Not one thing, just some bashing of other riders because of bike choice, and blaming other people for things we do ourselves at times. Seems unfair.
Dumn people do dumb things everywhere... I think the earlier gixxer posts were referring to what you see in typical situations.

Its like this:
you see a BMW and you think as*hole lawyer
you see a Jag and you think preppie banker
you see a gixxer and newbie rider / frat boy

I know some gixxer riders and some of them I consider some good friends. I have a buddy who rides a gixxer and is one of the best riders I know hands down and an especially good friend. I have another buddy who rides a ZX-14, yet another outstanding rider.

Yes there are good riders on all types of bikes.The bike doesnt make the rider, the rider makes the bike.

On general though, most people will venture to say on average you see more people doing squidly stuff on gixxers. Does this mean that all gixxer riders are squids? No. Are there squids on CBRs? Oh hell yes... we all have beenone. I dont care who rides what... they pull up beside me and show respect to riding and I will gladly call them my friend. I dont even care if its a dude on a harley or bmw.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do see a lot of people with no gear, and a lot of the time they are on gixxers. Hahaha, but I have to remember that squids are everywhere as well.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: TheX

Hahaha, Harleys should have 3 wheels.
haha you had me worried until we were clear about that.
98% of all Harleys ever built are still on the road... the other 2% actually made it home.
That's funny.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Lots of profiling going on. Don't let those people on airplanes, they ride Gixxers.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

Ahhhh a 1098S....thats should get alot of respect from your Gixxer and R6 friends.....
Knock that **** off... you're just perpetuating everything that everyone else in here has expressed annoyance to. Get outta here with that crap...

TheX - you're a cool cat, bro - and I agree with everything you said. In most people's defense, I think they honestly would ride anything if it was given to them.That tells me that people are just puffin' their chests like men always do, braggin' about their this and that (similar to how I feel about the majority of pitbull owners, haha - different subject...

Any-gay - bah, boys will be boys. But boys also need a good reality check once in a while, thanks for that, I'm thinking we were overdue! If there's one thing I like most about this place, it's the friendly people here who might dish a bit of ol' ribbin', but they would ride with each other anyday. That's how it should be!

Oh yeah, I voted for ya for ROTM - I dig what you got goin' homie.

You, FatGuy, VP, CityWorker, Blindin' Orange and myselfare gonna have to get together for a nice ride. Oh yeah, we can't leave out Thirdgenxl (dude, I never get his name right... Jared, okay?)

Good post, mate.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM

I like fried calamari, but hate squid riders. I will pick up my left fingers and nod my helmet in a hello fashion to a rider on "ANY" bike, but refuse to those that aren'twearing riding gear including a helmet regardless of state laws. I could care less how much effort they put into waving hi to me if they don't even care about their safety. I've always wondered what people think when they pull up behind two sport bikes in separate lanes..one wearing all the gear in the heat and the other wearing sandals, shorts, a tank top, sunglasses, and a backwards hat. What do they think?

Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Ohh look at the freaking idiot soon to be donor!"
My wife said that on our first date (before she even knew I rode).
Still sayssomething to that effect every time we see one in flipflops or whatever.
Threadjack alert!
My good buddies Father in law is the head ER surgeon at LDS general in Salt Lake City and whenever he sees a bike he will memorize the riders face. So he can berate them when they come into him. Will almost drive off the road to memorize the face. Bought his other son-in-laws maxim 400 for 5k with the deal that he would never buy a bike again. The bike was worth $250, he then resold it for scrap for $50. That crazy about bikes and bikers. Little wierd aside I though I'd share.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 AM

I posted this thread at 600rr.net and they deleted it. It was in the off topic/flame thrower forum and it got deleted. It's that kind of closed mindedness that makes it difficult toenjoy it over there sometimes. I appreciate the responses here. You guys and girls rock.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 AM

true, i would ride a gix all ****in day if you gave it to me, heres the deal tho, i live in a college area, im in school, and im around squids every day, at school, and at parties, almost all the squid talk is about gsxrs thats just how it is, the frat boy thing, its ****in true man i even know a couple, out here guys at nc state that want to ride, or are just squidly, all they talk about is gsxrs, thats not a lie or a stereotype its true as ever, i think someone decided that it was cool to say "gixxer" and from then on every squid wanted one, esp guys my age (19,20,21). dont get mad about suzuki bashing on here man, its all ment to be in good humor, and just like any other "stereotype" its derived from a great deal of truth.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Retired Moderator

I can see why you posted what you did, people have to vent.......

But I believe most of us just joke around, and some people take comments more seriously than others. Take the majority of my comments for instance, I'm usually being extremely sarcastic, "trying" to be funny, or simply being a huge jackass.........and I love to get the hardcore Windows guys out there wound up by commenting about Mac's....makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

And yeah, there are other great bikes out there, but this IS a Honda thread, therefore, bashing other makes and models comes naturally. It's nothing to do with being "open-minded", it's more to do with preference. You got your Chevy, Ford and Dodge guys.......and they bash eachother every which way. Same goes for us riders. You have your Kawi, Suzuki, and Honda guys.........and we all love bashing eachother. (and I GURANTEE YOU, forums for other makes of bikes aren't too friendly with their words about our bikes).

So to conclude, yes, you bring up very good points, and some of us (I'll be the first to admit it) take things a little too far. But just keep in mind, text and smileys only goes so far. Someone typing a comment that they think is harmless and funny might come off as offensive to someone else, even though that wansn't the intent.

.....this concludes me being serious......now back to being the scarcastic *** that I am.

Quick Reply: Racism SUCKS!