Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Quit Smoking Success & Failures....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:45 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well done....this is the toughest part. With friends & ditto... Pure pressure. If you can resist that...you've succeeded in my book...as for me, another 3 days since last post smoke free....$15 dollars more towards my next motorcycle gear.

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
was with some of my friends tonight. they started lighting up and yeah I admit I kinda missed it, but that feeling of "I need one" was gone and it was easy to say no thanks.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estate4life
Well done....this is the toughest part. With friends & ditto... Pure pressure. If you can resist that...you've succeeded in my book...as for me, another 3 days since last post smoke free....$15 dollars more towards my next motorcycle gear.
haha what you saving up for? I want a Suomy helmet next :P

Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Default Suomy!!

Suomy i sthe only way to go. I have owned an Arai Quantum/f (old school) and now I own a Suomy Spec 1R (Bostrom Tattoo) and it is by far the most comfy helmet I have EVER worn. It cost me $550 3 years ago but still worth it...

Old 10-08-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Suomy i sthe only way to go. I have owned an Arai Quantum/f (old school) and now I own a Suomy Spec 1R (Bostrom Tattoo) and it is by far the most comfy helmet I have EVER worn. It cost me $550 3 years ago but still worth it...
thanks trey; yeah I went in last week to try on new helmets and the Suomy fit me best. I also love the Spec 1R graphics and design.

ps. PICS!

nvm found it:https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...-128623/page4/

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 10-08-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:41 AM
February 2012 ROTM

i used to smoke 1 pack a day, that's $5 x 365days....a year

Originally Posted by Trey929RR

Old 10-09-2011, 03:46 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Yeah, new Suomy helmet will always be nice....Just having that extra money from NOT smoking is great...

Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cnicosiaF4i
I smoked for just over a year and quit last November. I never really got up to a pack a day unless I was drinking or with some buddies shooting guns and what not. I still bum one occasionally when I'm drunk. Since quitting I feel much, much better. I can run more than 2 miles without feeling like my lungs are trying but haul *** out of my chest.

Though Im not really sure if it was a win though cause I picked up chewing and been having 3-4 dips a day for the last couple months. But dipping definitely doesnt make you feel as sh**ty and it certainly makes things more difficult with the ladies, but there's nothing a little cant fix
dippin' is much worse. it has way more nicotine and it's pretty gross how it works. you cut your gums to absorb nictoine. i dipped before i smoked.

but believe me, if i think i might miss smoking every once in a while, then i KNOW i miss dipping. but it gave me receding gum lines. and if you think smoking is a turn off for most women, dipping is like kryptonite to your dating game.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

how is the non smoking going?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
February 2012 ROTM

I'm still on track...been smoke free.....i'm hitting the gym more often now to keep mind straight...my pass track record is really bad...either clean clean...or beer, chain smoke, mj, etc... But those are the crowd I hang with...so you become who you hang with.....that's why I said what Jpan did was awesome dude...bunch of friends smokes and he doesn't, now that's tough

Originally Posted by 74demon
how is the non smoking going?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 AM

I had been smoking for 16 years. I had quit for a year or so in the middle and a couple months here and there when my chest and throat were hurting but always went back.

I finally quit when I started hanging around my nephews and niece a lot. They are 3, 7, and 9 and are soooo impressionable. Everything I do is so cool to them. I would never forgive myself if they started smoking because they saw me do it or even worse if they started smoking by stealing my cigs.

I used the patch for about a week to wean myself off the nic fits and have been buying sugar free gum from Costco in the jumbo packs ever since.

It's been a long hard road and I still want a cig at least once a day. I often pass up the opportunity to go to the local dive because all I want to do when I'm there is smoke.

Its been almost two months now.

Quick Reply: Quit Smoking Success & Failures....