Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Quick cbr 600fw. anyone got a rapid one

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my '95 F3 up to about 150-ish ( I was too scared to take my eyes off the road at the time) and that was plenty fast for me. The bike had some more though...

Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Seriously...I hit 150 the other night in about the same time it would take my Jeep to get to 70. It was still pulling hard, and I'd like to see how fast it can go, but with sustained speeds of over 100-120mph, you need quite a bit of road, and there just aren't good places to do that around where I live.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Endless
srsly, I have CF tape on my headlight. It doesn't make it any lighter.
Try putting more of it on..I heard the more you put on the lighter the bike will get..I thought about covering my whole bike in it but im afraid it mite jus float away!lol

Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
"Seriously" mate , there is no where to do 150+ safe on the public roads and if you do find a nice empty straight piece of road way to try it on .... and you do get caught doing that speed, .... be prepared to walk around for a couple of years !!!

unless of course you have safety duct tape on your fairing... LOL
Agreed, it's impossible to be completely safe riding that fast no matter where you are. But...I would argue that it's impossible to be completely safe on a motorcycle at all, given the number of morons that have no clue how to drive. Or just don't care if they run us off the road.

Context: It was a public highway, sound barriers on each side of the highway, and a divider in the middle. It was blocked off with fences too, I have never, ever seen an animal on it. There were no other cars as far as I could see (and it is a very long, straight road).

Granted, it is never wise to ride that fast. But given the fact that I decided to do it (accepting the potential consequences in the process), I think I was about as safe as I could have been. Not very, I know...but it could have been worse.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Oh, and I forgot to add:

Not only do I have neon yellow safety tape entirely covering my fairings...i have reflective orange tape all over my jacket too.

I should probably consider pulling a "Trinity jumping from the roof of one building into another on a speeding motorcycle" trick. I'm sure I would make it just fine.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Forget carbon fiber!!!!, I just made some 1337 fairings from carboard!!!

I got the desighns from a secrect japanese racing manual off ebay, it's alot like oragami. I even drew some turbo decals with my felt pen, just so people will know what there messing with.

I think i've gotten at least 100 more hp, but i dunno it's allmost if my bike is too light now, the front end started lifting at 250 mph, it scared the crap outta me.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 PM

You guys should try the Red Bull can on the shock canister. I dynoed my bike before and after I put one on and the results were impressive. I havent taken it out yet on account of where I live being a no fly zone, but Ill get it out this weekend.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 PM

I ordered special air for my tires and it run 15mph faster, took the crank out of the motor and it revved way faster. Gotta get me a General Lee sticker and i should be able to jump the moon. Got me a little red LED light runing back and forth from left to right and my bike talks to me now also.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by DWT74
I ordered special air for my tires and it run 15mph faster, took the crank out of the motor and it revved way faster. Gotta get me a General Lee sticker and i should be able to jump the moon. Got me a little red LED light runing back and forth from left to right and my bike talks to me now also.
LMAO, when I was a kid and into BMX'ing we used to believe you could get helium put into your tires to make your bike lighter .

Quick Reply: Quick cbr 600fw. anyone got a rapid one