Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

questions involving police?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. that or she didnt think he could steal the car if he wanted to. sorry man. no harm intended. just playing

Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM

unless you consider riding gear a trouble making look then no. and this is a high school parking lot where we have a bunch of tools scattered about working on a car right after school let out and there were people practicing sports all around us, not exactly the type of thing someone would be doing that is stealing a car/driving a stolen car. I think i could have been wearing a shirt and tie and it wouldnt have made any difference. In all of my other experiences ive never had a cop hassle me when im working on a broke down vehicle and deff never leave the scene without asking if we need any assistance. she seemed very upset that we were doing nothing wrong and we both had a valid license, good insurance, registration, clean vins and clean records. Seemed like she was just on a mission to bust us with drugs or something, and i understand stereotypes and someone on a crotch rocket and another teenager might in fact be selling drugs but after viewing the situation there was no need to continue to check all of our info and imply that she did not believe that those were our vehicles even after we showed her registration for both. over the internet i cant exactly explain her actions and attitude, she was extremely rude and intrusive when there was no need.

it was one of those: its not what you say, its how you say it. type of things

Last edited by Hcstreetriding; 02-01-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:37 PM

lol it would have seemed like that since we were both very inexperienced in mechanical work at that time.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 PM

I've only been pulled over on a bike 2 times ever. The first time was an off duty cop in an unmarked car. He claimed I was doing 60, but he had no radar on me and I was really doing maybe 40. I was polite and explained that I was a mile from home after having ridden 849 miles already that day. He left me with a warning. The second time I was pulled over by a motorcycle state cop, in town. He was going to write me a ticket for my headlight being out, when in fact I had bumped the switch and shut it off. Again, I was polit and explained that the bike was a 73 and I must have bumped the headlight switch. I turned it on and he left me with a warning.

I have been pulled over more times in a cage than on a bike. Don't ride like an *** and you should be ok.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:25 PM

If you get stopped by a cop do yourself a favor.Take your key out of the ignition and hold it in your hand so the cop can see it.Once they realize you have no intention of running it calms down the situation.Odds are you may get off with a warning.Depending of course on why they pulled you over.