Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

questions involving police?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this one... Group of three riders all in formation riding 15mph over the limit. Sherriff pulls us over for speeding... here that can be $157each. We all pull over before he even completes his turn. We are all polite and he gives us a $57 riding in single file ticket each.
Sure we could have fought the speeding tickets, but I would lose more taking the day off. The bs ticket he made up carries no points. We got our hands slapped for speeding, he makes his ticket quota and we slowed down(until he was out of sight). Win-win right?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 PM

The other thing the cops around here love to do. (alberta) Is that they give you a speeding ticket, they make up a worse/bogus charge. Like your doing 5 km/s over the speeding limit. They tell you that they used the LASER and clocked you at 17km's over the speed limit. But since there such nice guys there going to reduce it to 15km's so that you will only get 2 demirits instead of 3. That way they write a bigger ticket, and you won't cost the court $1000 bucks, and they won't have to show up.

Or the other one is your insurance card, they say you didn't produce it. If you fight the speeding ticket you will also be charged with the $172 bucks for no card. (thats the one i got) I showed him my card.

In court you have the crown prosecutor(lawyer) Against you. You have the judege against you,their only there to justify the cops decision. And the cop, which is considered expert testimony. So with out a lawyer there to make sure they keep to the rules.. your done for
It's not a fair or ethical system

Old 01-31-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by alloutf4i
The one time I got pulled over I took off the helmet and stood beside my bike until he came up and asked for registration. Only got a warning...was lucky the guy rode bikes too
I had the same exact experience. I was pulled over for speeding very fast which is unlike me to ride fast on public roads honestly. Anyways there were 5 of us and they took off fast on the on ramp to expressway and I was stuck behind the car they went around so I trailed behind not knowing how to get where we were going and got in the passing lane to catch them. I looked over my shoulder to look for cars to get over and to check for cops and didn't see a cop so I got on it and I caught up pretty fast and heard the siren behind me. I thought he would get them but he got me and I pulled over took off helmet turned off bike and stood next to it with arms at my sides so I didn't reach in my jacket and look suspicious. I only got a warning because I answered his questions with honest answers. I said I knew better and don't normally speed. He said I could get killed I said you are right and it was dumb. He finished with saying is there any reason I shouldn't give you a ticket and impound your bike and I replied no you have every right to and I am guilty but if you would consider I have never had a ticket or been in any trouble in my life at 27 years old and if anyone deserves a break my name was on that list and he smiled and said be safe buddy and let me walk.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 PM

The police have been getting more active in the Seattle area. A few guys have been pulled over for minor to bogus reasons. The police are cracking down on endorsements, so finding ways to pull you over to check. Budget tightens, they need more money.

I mostly walk so haven't ridden much lately, but as I'm getting older, I'm riding a lot more mellow, so I haven't had any problems.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:10 PM

the police in my part of fl are real A holes they just look for reasons to lock me up, and they just passed a buch of bs laws, like one where if your plate isint "clearly visible" its something like 1,100 dollars first offense. i had a cop pull me for that one i guess because my tag is mounted on my swing arm, he pulled me at night and i asked him how i was supposed to make my tag clearly visible when im passing him at 45 mph and hes parked in a gas station parking lot, i think that pissed him off cuz after that hes was just looking for a reason to lock me up, kept me there for like 30 min when i refused him to search my bike, and even called in my vin to make sure the bike wasent stolen, in the end he let me go with a warning cuz i told him i didint know about the new law but man he was a real *****. i still havent moved the tag, f*ck them.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 929 RR CBR
i refused him to search my bike, .
I'm proud of you.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Man **** the police! Idk how could some of you stop for cops and then on top get a big fine like 1100$ to pay???? Iz u mental? > (ALI G)

Old 02-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Maybe the idea is to be polite and not stand out in the cops memory. Be an a-hole with them and they remember you and your bike and think "I an gonna watch for that little ******** next time." You and your enjoyment of the public roads die the death of a thousand cuts because you and your attitude attract unnecessary attention from someone who is just doing their job. Don't break the law if you aren't willing to face the consequences when(not if) you get caught.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM

i was helping my friend get his car started when it was broke down in our high school parking lot and i had my bike there and a cop saw us and drove up through all the grass cuz she was a retard and didnt see the four car wide drive way. ran the vins on my bike and the plates on his car and asked what the hell we were doing and we explained that we were trying to get his car started and she just said ok bye. bitch thought we stole both vehicles and then didnt offer any help like a cop usually would, i was pissed, woman drove through my football practice field just so she could hassle us and call us thieves. but ive also had other cops that were very helpful when i have been broke down all over the place in ohio so i think generally they are more helpful/nice that not but you can get that one *** here and there.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:47 PM

Calling you theives? Maybe you are one of those baggy pants and backward baseball cap wearing youths that always look like your coming from trouble or going to it.
Her assessment of the situation might be entirely different than your... Two unknown persons tampering with a vehicle in an abandoned parking lot...might look a little suspicious. She assessed the situation and confirmed no crime was in progress. Obviously your mechanical prowess left her unconcerned for further need of rescue.

Quick Reply: questions involving police?