Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

questions involving police?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do they get away with it?? Lawyers!

Seriously save up enough cash on the side to hire a laywer. With out that when you goto court it doesn't matter what you say your screwed. If the cop says you where flying a spaceship at 3000 miles an hour, his laser says so. guess what your now 3000 mph martian.
The judge is just there to back up and justify the cops decsion, not to way in and decide who's right.

I think they leave cruisers alone, because most of them either can afford a lawyer, or are a lawyer. + they are usually older guys and they are easy to keep control over

Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thegreenbandit
How do they get away with it?? Lawyers!

Seriously save up enough cash on the side to hire a laywer. With out that when you goto court it doesn't matter what you say your screwed. If the cop says you where flying a spaceship at 3000 miles an hour, his laser says so. guess what your now 3000 mph martian.
The judge is just there to back up and justify the cops decsion, not to way in and decide who's right.

I think they leave cruisers alone, because most of them either can afford a lawyer, or are a lawyer. + they are usually older guys and they are easy to keep control over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9wTT-2v0nE

Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by thegreenbandit

Really??? Interesting.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 PM

Most of the idiots on the road dont have a license. So they pay a fine and get right back on their bikes.

The problem with making the laws harder on squids also makes it harder on actual riders.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have never been pulled over by the cops so I couldn't tell you what the best method is as to getting off your bike or staying on until the cop walks up to you.

I have however been followed by the police. One actually was pulling into the police barracks, saw me, turned around and caught up to me and followed me for about 3 miles until he realized I wasn't going to do anything to give him a reason to pull me over. So he turned around.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:17 PM

Friend of mine was pulled over by a cop going in the opposite direction and told it was because his tag had expired. When asked how he could have seen the tag when he was going the opposite way he admitted that they had reports of a black bike speeding. I find 99% of cops ok, but you will get the odd dick. Got pulled one night about midnight on my matt black XS1100 chop a block from home. Thoroughly hassled, breathalyzed and told "We are going to go over your bike with a fine tooth comb". They were determined to find something to bust me for. I just kept on smiling and saying Yessir! I always make sure everything is legal on the bike and paperwork in order. I used to f**k with 'em when I was younger but it pays to be polite!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM

thanks guys.

question about the lawyers. how much can they really help you out? whats the average pay for a decent one?

im sure and hope i will never fall into that situation, but if i do i would like to have the best chance of getting off.

i only bring up these questions because when i was younger and just got my license i got into alot of trouble. 3 speeding tickets, 1 tint ticket, and on top of that my last violation so far, crashed my brothers mustang. the police let me off with U.B.S.L which means i was driving to fast for conditions ( roads were wet ).. it was obvious that i was driving reckless from the scene and location but he helped me out ( im always polite with police and say as little as possible ) anyhow i have something like 6 points or so and after all this trouble got a letter in the mail stating with my record another ticket or violation could cost me suspension of my license. im 20 now and have ALOT more common sense and respect for roads, myself, and other innocent people then i did when i was 16. however im still just worried that one look at my record when stoped on a bike is just going to make them want to keep me off of it.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM

All you people that havn't done anything wrong yet let cops search and harass you are screwing me over. You're giving up our freedom. Push back. Don't give consent for them to search you. Call their supervisor if they harass you. Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Umm, with the authority that they have, exactly how do you "push back" in an effective way? I have friends that have mouthed off and ended up taking a ride to a deserted area and had the crap beat out of them. Or how about your bike impounded for a week? In Ontario, a cop only has to accuse you of "stunting" which can be as little as stretching your legs while the bike is running, even if its stopped, and they have the legal authority to seize your wheels for 7 days and suspend your licence immediately for 7 days. You don't wanna screw with people that can do that.

I stop as soon as I safely can, when their lights go on. Bike off, side stand down and take off my helmet calmy, with my hands in plain sight. I DO NOT reach for my wallet inside my coat until asked to and then I do that slowly.

All that being said, I haven't had any issues with being stopped. If I'm polite and straight up I almost always get a warning and sent on my way. I always make mental note of the cops name and or badge # and write it down as soon after as I get a chance.

Quick Reply: questions involving police?