Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Questions on the InterNatrix Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on the InterNatrix Alarm

Does anyone own this? How is it? Did it give you an insurance discount?

http://www.internatrix.com/

Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Default RE: Questions on the InterNatrix Alarm

I have it on my bike and I'm very pleased with it.

Read through the thread below for more recent talk of this alarm.

https://cbrforum.com/m_117752/tm.htm

Old 06-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Thanks....you didn't write that much up on it....how far away from the bike does the pager work?

Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 PM

I only have liability right now, so I don't have an answer for that one.

The alarm has all the bells and whistles for $140 OTD (shipping included). The only thing that it doesn't come with is a wiring harness, but it is very easy to install. Wire up 5 wires and it is fully functional.

1. Adjustable motion/perimeter detector (somebody gets to close you will know about it)
2. Paging system (always alerts you when the warning goes off or when alarm is triggered)
3. Ignition kill (WILL NOT START!)
4. Voice reminder (reminds you to alarm the bike and tells everyone else that the bike protected)

Other alarms with the same functions will be over twice as much. I've had had it for about 2 and half months and there hasn't been any problems at all.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:48 PM

Pager works up to about half mile but just like a cell phone there are things that could interfere with it. I haven't had any issues with it. I still get my warning page when I'm in the store. The range that it gives is pretty standard amongst other alarms.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:31 AM

Great thanks so much for your input...how long did it take you to install?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:40 AM

Sorry bout the long post, I just copied from another thread. I thought this might also help you out. It took me about 2 hrs but since you have the banana seat it should go real fast. I had to fight with the 1-pc tail section of the RR so that took up up some time.

06CBRF4i
Since you have the banana seat it would be a walk in the park. You can put everything under the seat.

Everyone
The major difference in these 2 alarms is: Scorpio has a wiring harness Internatrix does not. Internatrix is standard with all the bells and whistles and is only $140 to your door. Doesn't matter what you get if you have an RR it will be very improtant on where you decide to mount everything due to not having very much room. You should also keep in mind any other future mods when you are choosing where to put all the components.

Internatrix wiring is easy! I will explain how I have mine hooked up...

1. Ground wire to the frame of the bike.
2. A wire to the negative batteryu post.
3. A wire to the positive battery post.
4. A wire to a "ACC". This wire will be hot when the key is on. It is easy to find a wire like this around the fuse box. (headlight)
5. A wire to kill the motor. I used the kickstand. When the alarm is armed the engine will not start with a key or if someone puts the kickstand up. Not to mention, that the alarm will be screaming at anyone that gets that close to the bike.

You can also hook up 2 more wires for flashing lights (front). Just a reminder... anyone that does not have running light in the front does not need to worry about this at all. Flashing lights, if you want them, will only work if you have lights that come on when the bike is running. Personally I didn't want them.