Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over

So I've been riding for a bit over a year, I ride a ton, have done several trips well over 300mi and hadnt gotten pulled over until a few days ago. It was 68 in a 55 but I was in a full tuck so I'm guessing that pushed him over the edge to put his flashers on. No ticket, allthough he was bein a huge dick. So then yesterday I get pulled over for being in the left lane but not passing anyone. No ticket, although he told me the fine was a hundo...he was a nice guy and all--but there was no one to pass....They really have the time to just pull me over for that? End Rant

Old 05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: Pulled over

Just a word to the wise....

1. Stay out of the Rossi tuck on the open and busy streets and highways...attracts unwanted attention...as you now know.

2.Whenever possible be in the middle or far right hand lane. The people in the passing lane are the first to peak a cop's interest.

3. LOW PROFILE...

Old 05-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Also, the best thing to say when you get pulled over is "Can I ask why you pulled me over officer" in a very disturbed, annoyed tone.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Just a word to the wise....

1. Stay out of the Rossi tuck on the open and busy streets and highways...attracts unwanted attention...as you now know.

2.Whenever possible be in the middle or far right hand lane. The people in the passing lane are the first to peak a cop's interest.

3. LOW PROFILE...

1: second that, also, unless you are really ripp'n, tucking at a relatively slow speed just makes you look scared of the bike, nad prevents you from being able to swerve to avoid potholes etc..

2. Prefferably the middle lane; keeps you away from people merging into, or going out from the normal flow of trafic, plus it gives you more escape choices if something gets in your way

3. is this even possible on a sportbike???

Old 05-11-2007, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

Also, the best thing to say when you get pulled over is "Can I ask why you pulled me over officer" in a very disturbed, annoyed tone.
HAHA! Ive done that in my truck. I never ride in the middle lane. That gives you twice the amount of cagers changing lanes into you.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was on my road the second day i had tags on the bike and a sheriff passed me going the opposite way. well when i got to the end of my road i pulled onto the shoulder to txt my g/f to ask her where she wanted to meet at and the same sheriff pulls up behind me. he didnt stop 10, 5, or even 2 car lenghts behind me, he stopped ON my rear tire. when i turned around and glanced at him andstartedto put my helmet on (since i didnt do anything wrong) he held the speaker thingy-mobob in the car to his mouth and over his speaker i swear on my life he said "hey driver", while looking AT me. so i took my helmet back off and sat it on my tank. he sat there on my *** for a good 15mins and never came up to me or even got out of his car. i was prob. VISIBLY irritated at this point then he pulls up next to me and says "are you waiting for somebody?", i was thinking....you've got to be ****ting me! i said "nope, just waiting for my g/f", he said "drive safe" and pulled off. now i KNOW he had to atleast have run my tags for ****s and giggles. but i was pretty irritated. not like he had lights flashing and what not, but w/ what he "said" into his speaker and being right on my back tire i assumed he was there for me.

idk, sorry to thread jack, just thought i'd add.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

lol, i do that when im on my way to work at 4:30am and its chilly out. i hug the tank and get under the wind screen.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

1: second that, also, unless you are really ripp'n, tucking at a relatively slow speed just makes you look scared of the bike, nad prevents you from being able to swerve to avoid potholes etc..

2. Prefferably the middle lane; keeps you away from people merging into, or going out from the normal flow of trafic, plus it gives you more escape choices if something gets in your way

3. is this even possible on a sportbike???

[/quote]

Yes...I ride multi-colored F2...but wear a white helmet...just pure white...I think it gives cops a thought that I could be a motorcycle cop...or a "good" guy...white hat, etc.

Psychomythological...

Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 AM

In reply to Jaynd;

I have a few cop friends, but it just sounds like he was being adick and trying to find something out of nothing. I'm sure everyone knows this, but sportbikes are like gold for cops.The reason behindthis,(for the most part)aresquids are doing stupid things in high risk areas such as malls, high traffic streets ect. So when a normal rider does something that catchers there interest, they will investigate what your doing or follow you, waiting to see if you'll do something stupid. And "techincally", if his lights weren't on he didn't pull you over, so you probably could haverode off if you wanted too, but I understand why ya didn't. When in doubt, just be polite and ask if you did something is wrong.

Side note:
For the most part, I try not to do any stunts in citys or surrounding area's. I take it off into the counrty on long straight two lane highways with low traffic and long visibility. For the most part, a county is "policed" by sheriff department and highway patrols while citys have a local police deparmtent. So in your citys, you have a higher volume of police per area, vs a large county where evey cop is more spread out.