Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PS3 Vs. Wii

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Ty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS3 Vs. Wii

So I've been thinking about getting a newer generation video game system. I like that the PS3 can be used as a Blu-Ray DVD player, but I kind of like the fun games on the Wii. Mainly I want to have wireless Guitar Hero 3. I've never played it before but it looks pretty fun so I think I'll give it a try. Anyway, thought I'd see what you guys are using and if you like it or not and maybe if you've played Guitar Hero 3. I just don't like the X-Box for some reason so I won't get one of those.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PS3 Vs. Wii

first, guitar hero is awesome.. second,id say go for the wii (mainly because im a 360 fanatic) plus that wii tennis and wii golf game is fun as hell

Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 AM

Get a little tipsy and play Wii. Now that is an awesome night!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Top Gunn

Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 AM

I was just deciding between these to systems last week and I went with the PS3 couldn't be happier.
Same as you I am not a fan of 360 i don't know why I just don't. Plus PS3 has free online play.
Along with blu-ray you can also play regular dvds, cds, and using the web browers you can save videos from the internet and watch them on your tv. Its pretty awesome.

And I got GH3 that game is awesome, I have played GH2 on PS2 and this game is quite a bit harder but the graphics for the PS3 are insane not that you really need them in GH but it just adds to the fun when its not your turn to play.

I also picked up Resistance: fall of man, that game is really cool. Its a first person shooter and the graphics and computer character behavior is really cool.

Anyway Besides the fact that I really like PS3, if you like racing games I suggest buying PS3 because Gran Turismo 5 comes out in December. The greatest racing game ever!!!

P.S. If you get PS3 make sure you get the 80g one because the 40g can't play PS2 games...(so wierd)

Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Retired Moderator

I used to make fun of the W11 before it cam out, saying that there was now a concole for girls and old ladies. However, I know many serious gamers that LOVE the Wii. One guy I know, has people over, they drink a bunch of beer, and bowl all night. It is so interactive. I love my 360, but if I were to pick up another console, it would be the Wii.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Well Im guessing that most of us here are at least 16 or above. And all the games for the Wii are so juvenille that I have to vote for the PS3 even though I own a Wii hahaha. Isnt that funny.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Wii hands down for me. I've got access to all the big consoles out right now, the top level of ps3, xbox 360, and the Wii (which I own). The ps3 and xbox 360 have the wii beat if you're looking for high-def graphics.... but that being said, the Wii has about TWICE the hardware power of the original xbox... so it's no slouch. Yes, there are alot of "cartoony" themed games for the wii... but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of them are hillarious fun AND you've got more adult games like Resident Evil 4 and other such games. I love Guitar hero III for the wii, the addition of the sound effects and vibrations from the guitar (thanks to the wii remote), plus free online play makes it a ton of fun. You don't get a video player (like the ps3's blueray drive), but you pay ALOT less for it as well. 2 other GREAT games for the wii (for the more hard-core players), I would recommend the latest Metroid game, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. Both of those games are hella fun, in 2 very different ways. That's just my opinion. Wii is the best bang for your buck... the ps3 trumps it only for high-def frills and the additional blue-ray player, but you pay for your frills.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

Wii hands down for me. I've got access to all the big consoles out right now, the top level of ps3, xbox 360, and the Wii (which I own). The ps3 and xbox 360 have the wii beat if you're looking for high-def graphics.... but that being said, the Wii has about TWICE the hardware power of the original xbox... so it's no slouch. Yes, there are alot of "cartoony" themed games for the wii... but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of them are hillarious fun AND you've got more adult games like Resident Evil 4 and other such games. I love Guitar hero III for the wii, the addition of the sound effects and vibrations from the guitar (thanks to the wii remote), plus free online play makes it a ton of fun. You don't get a video player (like the ps3's blueray drive), but you pay ALOT less for it as well. 2 other GREAT games for the wii (for the more hard-core players), I would recommend the latest Metroid game, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. Both of those games are hella fun, in 2 very different ways. That's just my opinion. Wii is the best bang for your buck... the ps3 trumps it only for high-def frills and the additional blue-ray player, but you pay for your frills.

I agree with this 100%, but if you have a hi-def TV, you'd better at least try out a high def system on it before you decide because it is just crazy awesome. I have a DLP Toshiba and it is flipping sweet.

Kinda OT, but does XB360 have a HDMI cable available? I know PS3 does.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Honestly I think movie playing on a console is gay. But the PS3 is the cheapest blu ray player I believe.

I dont have any of the new gens, but I probably go with the 360. 1. Its proven itself. 2. Tons of games. 3. Has the best online capability (I'm more of a single player so dont care too much here)

Nintendo will always been the "kids" console. Not dissing it, but I like FPS's and you just dont see soldiers getting blown up on the Wii. I'd get a Wii if it hits $200 or lower. Hell I've been playing Mario 64 for the last couple of nights.

PC will always be #1 for me but I guess it would go. PC>360>PS3>Wii Wii

Sony just didnt have the "bang" with the PS3 like it did with the PS2. Hell the PS2 is still out selling the PS3. I'd still wait on the PS3. Also if you do get a PS3, get one that's backwards compatible with the PS2 by "hardware". Meaning it has the PS2 chip in it. The software version sucks ***.

There's 4 versions of the PS3. Two have the hardware backwards compatibiltiy, 1 is software, and another has no backwards compatibilty.

I believe the 60gig version is hardware and its being discontinued, so you may find one semi cheap.

You can upgrade the harddrive to pretty much any size. Its super easy. Buy a 5400 rpm hard drive (7200rpm might get too hot) with the size you want. Take out the old one, install the new one and the PS3 will automatically ask you to format it and you're done. The only thing that is lost is saved games. None of you info.