Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The problem with rage...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The problem with rage...

[&o]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2myV0b9LE7I

There is a backstory to this...but still doesn't justify the actions of the officers.

On Sunday, May 4th, a 12-yr veteran, Sgt Steven Liczinksi was shot and killed with an assault rifle while confronting 3 suspects of a bank robbery. One of the men was at large and wasn't captured until this morning. This is only 6 months after another officer was killed during a botched robbery of a donut shop.

The beating displayed in the video is what happens when you allow your emotions take control of you, particularly anger. Adrenaline starts pumping, frustration and anger can become uncontrollable. You don't think straight. I wonder if this could be considered temporary insanity. The shame about this whole thing, is that the 4 men beaten had nothing to do with the robbery.

It's easy to cast stones at the police for this, but I can't really sit here and say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I were in their position. That doesn't make it right. Just makes me recognize that I'm only human.

EDIT:
Keep in mind...not all police officers partook in the beating...some were actually trying to stop it.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The problem with rage...

No, I don't believe that I would have reactedthe same in that situation. That's definatlly some pent up anger there. Was this a high speed chase or was the civilian car no stoping or something?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:51 AM
RCR

looked like a gang initiation. maybe they were just welcoming the new recruits to the force.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM

thats an *** whippin..

those cops should be fired... we dont have a "justice system" to have vigilante cops running aroundbeating people they arrest.

PS after doing what they did.. they should be called criminals also..

give the guys they arrested life in prison.. give the cops a pink slip and tell em to pack thier lockers.. if they want to go beat people up go be a bouncer at an urban philly club..

Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM

wow, that one cop ran around to all the guys to get his hits in...

Where were the ones trying to stop it? they must have arrived after they were all tired from beating them