Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Press "2" for english

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008 | 03:14 PM
Default RE: Press "2" for english

ORIGINAL: Nauree

IF YOU GOT HATE IN YOUR HEART.....let it out. Whitepower
Ah yes... the obligatory racist retort when Americans stand up and speak out for their country.

It doesn't matter that in California alone illegial aliens from all countries cost the state over $20 billion each and ever year. The costs nationwide are tens of billions of dollars more than that. Illegal aliens should not get free health care, free social services, free education, free in-state college tuition rates and free access to many other social services and programs that American citizes often do not qualify for- all while paying no federal or state income taxes.

It is not a matter of race, it is protecting the sovereignty of America against foreign invaders. If you entered Mexico illegially and demanded a job, free health care, free education and other benefits you feel you are entitled to because you broke the law you would be arrested and deported. You would not be given a drivers license, the government would not reprint all their forms and signs for you in English and you would not be rewarded for your illegal actions.

Old 02-24-2008 | 03:23 PM
Retired Moderator

I deal with customers day by day, and I absolutely cannot stand it when a customer comes up to my desk, starts talking in spanish, then gets upset at ME because I don't speak it. I actually had one spanish-speaking person tell me in broken english "You live in NM and don't speak spanish?" [:@][:@][:@] I replied with "You live in America and don't speak English?" Then I was written up for "being brash" to a valued customer who back-owed the company $1670 for communication services.

So yeah, this is a HUGE problem with me.

Old 02-24-2008 | 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I deal with customers day by day, and I absolutely cannot stand it when a customer comes up to my desk, starts talking in spanish, then gets upset at ME because I don't speak it. I actually had one spanish-speaking person tell me in broken english "You live in NM and don't speak spanish?" [:@][:@][:@] I replied with "You live in America and don't speak English?" Then I was written up for "being brash" to a valued customer who back-owed the company $1670 for communication services.

So yeah, this is a HUGE problem with me.

That'sbs. "You live in America and don't speak English?" That sounds like a question to me. You're not being brash, just asking a question. You got written up for something ridiculous.

At work I deal with this crap all the time. This guy, who spoke only spanish,wanted these tires we had on clearance. Last set we had of them,and they were235/75/15 Light truck tires. The dude had a BMW! No mater how hard I tried I couldn't get him to understand that the tire only came in that one size. He just kept pointing to the tire and making a squishing sign with his fingers. I wanted to punch him so bad. Eventually he just walked away.

Old 02-24-2008 | 04:56 PM

Gotta love t-shirt hell...

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/prod...?productid=893

Old 02-24-2008 | 05:22 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

ORIGINAL: OC949Rider

ORIGINAL: Nauree

IF YOU GOT HATE IN YOUR HEART.....let it out. Whitepower
Ah yes... the obligatory racist retort when Americans stand up and speak out for their country.

It doesn't matter that in California alone illegial aliens from all countries cost the state over $20 billion each and ever year. The costs nationwide are tens of billions of dollars more than that. Illegal aliens should not get free health care, free social services, free education, free in-state college tuition rates and free access to many other social services and programs that American citizes often do not qualify for- all while paying no federal or state income taxes.

It is not a matter of race, it is protecting the sovereignty of America against foreign invaders. If you entered Mexico illegially and demanded a job, free health care, free education and other benefits you feel you are entitled to because you broke the law you would be arrested and deported. You would not be given a drivers license, the government would not reprint all their forms and signs for you in English and you would not be rewarded for your illegal actions.
FYI, Nauree was simply quoting the great Clayton Bigsby

Old 02-24-2008 | 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: rsp919

FYI, Nauree was simply quoting the great Clayton Bigsby

[/quote]

Got it.

Old 02-24-2008 | 05:44 PM

What's funny is that to win most things like these, you have to be a citizen with a Social Security Number.

But to be fair, it appears that they are advertising a dance competition, where the dancing is of hispanic origin.

Old 02-24-2008 | 09:40 PM

When I was at Frontera a few weeks ago I noticed a sign that was a warning of some kind. It had English second. Which I found funny and don't care since it is a Mexican themed restaurant.

I will say if a Privately Owned store wants to open up and have nothing but Spanish, Arabic, Koreon, German, Dutch,English, etc spoken there. They are free to do so(As long as they are a legal citizen).

Jared. If you really want to get confused. Go to Duluth, GA near "Gwinnett Place Mall" then check out the shopping centers surrounding it. You'll see nothing but Korean lettering(?) without even an English translation. I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure out what they sell. Or Gainesville is a Pain in the butt too. Nicknamed Little Mexico for a reason.

Old 02-24-2008 | 10:01 PM

i am half hispanc and i dont speak it, cant learn it jsut something iver never been able to.
the funny part is im so white..i have a friend who is 20% and he looks more hispanic then i do..who does this happen??
At my store i get a ton of asians..the Koreans are the worst of the asians though..rudest ****ing people ever...anyone else have a poblem with them?

"DISCOUNT! DISCOUNT!!"

Old 02-24-2008 | 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Kc31019

i am half hispanc and i dont speak it, cant learn it jsut something iver never been able to.
the funny part is im so white..i have a friend who is 20% and he looks more hispanic then i do..who does this happen??
At my store i get a ton of asians..the Koreans are the worst of the asians though..rudest ****ing people ever...anyone else have a poblem with them?

"DISCOUNT! DISCOUNT!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdCAApbL8_A

Quick Reply: Press "2" for english