Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Presents???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Presents???

the lasik is working out great for me, had near perfect vision by the end of the day
I considered the lasek but didn't have time for the extra recovery and don't plan on ejecting from any aircraft anytime soon so I went with the lasik

its definitely nice being able to see without the glasses but more importantly it makes riding better
before I could never go into full tuck on the straights because I had small glasses so if my head was down I'd be looking over the glasses and couldn't see jack
plus I wear a scorpion helmet that has an awesome anti-fog visor, which is great except my glasses would always fog up in cold weather in the slow sections of the track

Old 12-27-2006, 01:20 PM

I wear glasses too, totally sucks, have 2 pair, 1 for day "sun glasses" and a pair for night a clear pair, looking into the "Transitions" so I only have one pair, it would be nice to get the Lasik, then I could wear the cheap sunglasses like everybody else

Old 12-28-2006, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

I got an Internatrix Alarm, a few gift cards [target, walmart, visa, sears], $200 cash, clothes, Ryobi Tools, Crock Pot, G5 George Forman Grill, Dremel, thats about all I can think about now, anyone want a PS3, hahaha. Maryy Christmas
im looking at the Internatrix alarm myself...u gotta let us know how u like it!

and ill take the PS3 if u dont want it
I have the internatrix and well it leaves something to be desired..... takes a few seconds to go off. its just not what I expected. looking into other options later.......

and I didnt get ****....... we had to hord our cash for moving this weekend....

Old 12-28-2006, 11:53 AM

I mainly got money to help pay bills. Coming back from being over seas took a real hit on my pay check. We are better now. My father in-law bought us a new washer and dryer set from Best Buy. I was really suprised due to the fact that it takes an act of congress to open his wallet.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:59 AM

My wife sucks at buying presents! I have been hinting forever that I want a boxer puppy or a gift certificate to a cycle shop. What do I get? 2 shirts and ties to wear to work, an alarm clock, and Talladega Nights on DVD. We bought each other a TV a couple months ago as a "Christmas present," but I still spent $400 on her earrings and sunglasses! I hate when she's so practical. My family is totally opposite when it comes to giving gifts. I'm not complaining because I know there are people in the world that have it worse than I do, but damn!

Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

My wife sucks at buying presents! I have been hinting forever that I want a boxer puppy or a gift certificate to a cycle shop.
I have a Boxer puppy, it is currently 10-years old, and still a puppy! She's a good dog, but extremely energetic. Hope you have a lot of time and energy to put into one, if you every get one.

We were a little lean on cash this Christmas, but my wife got me a SWEET cover for my 900RR. Other than that, I got a couple tools, socks, underwear, a CD, and some cash. I think I'll use the cash for the new fork seals and fork oil that the bike so desperately needs.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Actually the Military will let you do regular lasik now, well at least the Army will (thinkin about being a helicopter pilot)

MDFF

Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 AM

Was looking into the laser eye treatments. Found out one of the side affects they are having down the road is that peoples cornias are failing. I dont really remember why they were having this problem but I believe it was lack of protective layers in the eye or something like that. Regardless it was going to be 20,000 dallors an eye to fix that problem if you get a donor. Sh*t that will pay for a lot of contacts for me Ill stick with that. I no some of you cant wear contacts my bro is the same way. Im not saying it is a bad idea im just giving my reason why is said uhh no im kool.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:01 PM

Girlfriend bought me a pair of Draggin' Jeans and 3 Craftsman (stackable) tool boxes I better not let her go!!!! Also got a Magellan GPS, Scarface for PS2 (awesome), a few DVD's, clothes, etc. Very nice Christmas to say the least.

Butour biggest gifthas yet to get here - my (unborn) son is expected to arrive on March 20. We're all very anxious and excited...

Old 01-03-2007, 12:07 PM

Well my dad sent some money to us so I got a stand made by Concepts in Aluminum. It is really nice and most importantly it is amazingly lite. It is made of 1/4" T-6 box aluminum and hand TIG welded.

Quick Reply: Presents???