Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Presents???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Presents???

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

I got an Internatrix Alarm, a few gift cards [target, walmart, visa, sears], $200 cash, clothes, Ryobi Tools, Crock Pot, G5 George Forman Grill, Dremel, thats about all I can think about now, anyone want a PS3, hahaha. Maryy Christmas
im looking at the Internatrix alarm myself...u gotta let us know how u like it!

and ill take the PS3 if u dont want it

Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 PM

Yeah, I am setting up my alarm as soon as I get back on the 4th, So I will put up posts about it within a few days of then,

But I am actually selling th PS3, cause I dont have HDTV and am not really into games that much, but I think I am going to take it back.

But I'll let you know how the alarms goes, seems pretty easy to install as far as it goes. Only tricky part seems like the engine cut off.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I got a new husky tool set, some pimp *** burberry cufflinks, bunch of shirts, and then the random candy/goodies... oh and socks +1

Old 12-26-2006, 12:31 AM

tinted faceshield, rear stand, hella giftcards, tools, cash, superbike calendar, dvds, and other little stuff...oh my shoei was an early xmas gift i got that about a month ago

Old 12-26-2006, 12:45 PM

Your right it's the thought that counts, I cought some grief over mine, she did not want me to get it till after the 1st of the year, did not want tags due in Dec, oh well [&:]
ORIGINAL: doncollins

Ok, maybe the truck has me... but as far as "it's the thought that counts"... I'm still winning. I didn't know she knew how much I wanted to go. She was going to buy me a group of track days but didn't know how to set it up... too many options for her. Then I'd have to buy leathers and do a little work to the bike. I told her she just saved us a ton of money by letting me watch the real racers do their thing.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:17 PM

my parents paid for my LASIK eye surgery!I can see!!!
other than that, mostly cash, AMA Superbike/WSBK/MotoGP 2006 Review DVDs, plenty of under armour, the Kato tribute book, clothes, some magazine subscriptions. Somebody got me a subscription to Transworld Motocross, I've never owned a dirtbike and have never really been too interested in motocross, so i'm not quite sure where that came from but whatever

with my Christmas bonus, last paycheck, and christmas money I managed to buy a new set of leathers (Spidi NRG) and new gloves (A* GP Tech)

Old 12-26-2006, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

my parents paid for my LASIK eye surgery!I can see!!!
o man, how did it go?(assuming u got it done)
i really really want that...im soo f-in blind w/o my glasses...and hate wearing them, but cant wear contacts bc of my job and an astigmitism

Old 12-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Retired Administrator

I had PRK... a more aggressive form of Lasik, Lasek. The most pain for your money, but unarguably the most stable. PRK doesn't cut the eye and make a flap to do the treatment. A laser removes everything out of the way, treatment is done, then the layers heal back over about two weeks. That's the only form of laser surgery the military will do. The others use a laser or a blade to make a flap and the layers never heal back solid so you have a thin covering holding your eye together. The military views this as a unnecessary risk. I don't care one way or the other... the point is, when was the last time you were hit hard enough in the eye to rip the think protective layer? Never? That's what I thought.

I said all of this to let you know... I had the most painful one and would do it again annually (not that it's needed or works that way). The best thing is waking up in the morning looking at an alarm clock. It takes you a few minutes to realize.... wait, I can see what time it is without glasses. This a big deal to those of us who were blind. My surgery was done on Sep 11 2001... yes 9/11 2001. Still no problems and I see 20/20.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I had PRK... a more aggressive form of Lasik, Lasek. The most pain for your money, but unarguably the most stable. PRK doesn't cut the eye and make a flap to do the treatment. A laser removes everything out of the way, treatment is done, then the layers heal back over about two weeks. That's the only form of laser surgery the military will do. The others use a laser or a blade to make a flap and the layers never heal back solid so you have a thin covering holding your eye together. The military views this as a unnecessary risk. I don't care one way or the other... the point is, when was the last time you were hit hard enough in the eye to rip the think protective layer? Never? That's what I thought.

I said all of this to let you know... I had the most painful one and would do it again annually (not that it's needed or works that way). The best thing is waking up in the morning looking at an alarm clock. It takes you a few minutes to realize.... wait, I can see what time it is without glasses. This a big deal to those of us who were blind. My surgery was done on Sep 11 2001... yes 9/11 2001. Still no problems and I see 20/20.
ya, i cant imagine what it must be like...ive had glasses since second grade...and at this point...cant see clearly more than a foot in front of my face w/o my glasses...it must be great...how much did it cost?

Old 12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Retired Administrator

Military... cost me 8 years of my life.

Quick Reply: Presents???