Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Practical Jokes..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Practical Jokes..........

How are you Guys or Gals when it comes to practical jokes.....like ones on you ? Are you a good sport ? Do you laugh along ? or do you get a little upset when your the butt of the joke and everybody is laughing at you ? Well to day at the end of work one of our groundskeepers was cleanning the table and chairs by spraying a cleaner then wiping then down...well I went to sit down and my *** was all wet and 3 of these clowns were laughing it up cuz I couln't figure out why my pants were all wet in the back, like I did not see him wiping the chairs down well he did not spray em down that much so I knew the chair could not be that wet, but they were just laughin... thought it was hilarious ! well I did not see the one clown behind me with a water bottledumping wateron me...I swearI did not feel anything till I sat down, well in the mean time these Guys are just yuckin it up and I'm gettin pissed bout ready to go ballistic..I did not see any humor in it onebit, boy they thought it was just sooo funny cuz I couln't figure it out, one of em is sayin "Well you saw him sprayin down the chair, you didn't think it was wet?" like I'm stupid or something, in the mean time they are just havin a ball with this, well in the mean time I'm tryin to hold my temper and not say or do anything. I realize it was just a little joke but sometimes...... I ain't in the mood. So how bout you ? are you a good sport ?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Practical Jokes..........

Depends on mood, some days i roll with it, other days you may hear a very distinguished "clicking" noise

Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really depends on the mood. There are times you just need to sit back and laugh.

Working in a pizza chain
[ul][*]Set the 5 timers to go off at miscellaneous times of day for the next day's manager[*]Change the Manager's password on the computer that when he left it logged[*]Set a keyboard lock on the computer, but left the keys in it for the manager the next morning. Manager was on the phone with the help desk for an hour before finding out.[*]Made 4 stacks of soda cans from floor to ceiling in the walk-in, and wedged them so that if you try to remove one, they would all fall down.[*]Toilet papered the back room so they couldn't get to the desk[*]Toilet papered the car that belonged to a friend of a co-worker. Ended up having a lot of dew fall, so the toilet paper was stuck and had to be removed in pieces.[*]Food fight that started with a bucket of water.[/ul]Done to me or by me in my current job:
[ul][*]Taping the CIO's door shut[*]Taping his door handle with tape out[*]Sticking a single piece of tape across the CIO's threshold (which remained up for the day and both the CEO and CIO would duck to get into the office.[*]Printing a hundred copies of an employee's picture while they were on vacation and had a drawing party. Spongebob, KISS and a number other modifications. Hung them all over the desk.[*]Taping Mouse wires down with transparent tape.[*]Taping the ***** of mice so that the never touched the mousepad[*]Hitting people in the back of the head with paper *****[*]Chair tied to the desk.[*]Grabbed someone's mouse and placed another one in it's place and sat on the otherside of the cubicle. When he moved the mouse, I would move the mouse in the same direction first that go off somewhere else.[*]Realigned the mouse so it would work properly.[*]Taking screenshots of someone's desktop, setting the picture as the desktop and hide all the icons.[*]Change the keys on the keypad to be in the same order as a phone instead of a calculator.[*]Bunch of small stuff not mentioning
[/ul]

Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Retired Moderator

I think I have shared this one before. I used to work at a vinyl roofing manufacturer (Durolast Roofing). One of the salesmen came up to me one day,and told me to ask another salesman if his uncle would give me dance lessons. I was hesitant, but he assured me it would be cool. So, I went up to the other guy and asked if his uncle would give me dance lessons. He instantly got pissed and started screaming at me, "My uncle got his legs blown off in Vietnam, what if your f_cking problem!!!" I felt sick and dizzy. I tried to explain to him that Jesse told me to ask him, but he wasn't hearing me and told me to get out of his face. I tried about two or three more time that day to talk to him, but he kept walking away or telling me to shut up. Finally, at the end of the day, he and the other salesman, Jesse, came up to me laughing their asses off. He had no unlce that was in Vietnam, and they were just putting me on ALL DAY LONG! Best joke that has ever been played on me.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 PM

At a TV station, when the weather guy was on the wall (chroma key "green wall"), throwing green paper wads at him during his weather forecast. This equals invisable paper wads by the way. On the set we know what's happening, but at home watching TV, it looks like the weather man is crazy or something.

Painted basketball with a large cut taken out =Headless weather man. (Halloween)

Painted gunshot holes = Weather man that's been shot up.

Girlfriend managing a pet store: Weekly drawing for free dog food. Winner (staged) "Anita Hoe" Phone number was for a local strip joint. Manager = pissed, but laughed about it.

Another live TV drawing: Winner = "Jenna Tailya". Good laugh.

Graphic artist once made a fake license plate that read "I69GUYS" and put it on this dudes car at work. He drove for about a week with it on there. He was one of those pimptacular super-studs. Killed his game for quite a while!

I once went to a clients office with a post-it note on my back that said "Big Fat Hairy Meat Cicle". Did not know until I got back to the office. I laughed. The guy who did it paid..........

He went on vacation for a week. He knew he was in for it, so he actually bought his own lock and installed it on his office door. Well, while he was gone, we popped a few ceiling tiles and filled his office with shreadded paper. We had a week to do it, and contributed daily untill his office was full. First day back at work was a hoot!

Following year he left his door unlocked thinking he's beat us. On Monday, first day back, he had a real, live sheep (lamb?) waiting for him in his office. Everyone (him too) got a good laugh.

Just today (and 9 years later) I replaced an office mates wireless mouse with a wired mouse. The catch is it's a bad mouse with the wire cut about 6" down (like a tail). Actually took her a bit to figure it out!

I have tons more, both by me and on me. All is good though. Keeps work fun I guess!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM

I am a good sport most times, it just depends on what it is. Guys at work have put "The Hoffs" picture on my desk. They have also made a picture in MS Paint with John Macenro playing ping pong and it was supposed to be me. All you can do is really laugh because as the old saying goes, if they dont pick on you they dont like you.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Depends on the person. I don't mind shooting the ****, but I don't mess with someone's productivity.... I expect the same in return.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:17 AM

Oh God! I cant even begin to think of all the jokes that go on at my shop.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 AM

where i work there really arent any practical jokes that get played, but my dad used to do body work at a car dealer, and knew alot of the mechanics, there was this one guy who would go around randomly and snip the plug off the end of the drop lights. finally one guy got pissed and said i swear i will get you back. so the guy cutting the cords had this incredible huge snap on tool box. the pissed off guy drilled 2 holes in the top of the tool box, screwed in two grease fittings and pumped the automatic huge grease gun into the tool box until the entire huge snap on tool box was completely filled with grease. i bet that was fun to clean up.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Ah I understand, thats us too but I guess I was'nt ready for that one yesterday and made me go in a direction I really don't go often( like wantin to knock some teeth out ), most of the time were a pretty fun lovin group, caught me off gaurd and I got bent...my bad [>:]I'll do better next time....besides....what goe's around....comes around......HE HE HE [sm=lildevil.gif]

Quick Reply: Practical Jokes..........