Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PLEASE - for the upcoming riding season!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE - for the upcoming riding season!

I have already started seeing people get hit from behind, slamming into medians, jerks pulling u-ies in front of us....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...be careful....like it was already said, we didn't have a great summer last year with accidents and losing some of our own....

We have seen that this is a family here...in fact the internets knows it based on our recent popularity with the love given to Blindin'....i don't want to hear about people getting messed up or worse...

We preach safe driving here, especially those of us that are street riders...for all you new riders out there, look at the posts when someone goes down and remember so i don't have to read about you in a few months and something bad...

Let's remember a few "rules to live by":

1) Speed - on a track it's your friend, on the street it can be lethal...please, if you are going to tap the red line on the street, be careful and know where you are riding

2) KNOW where you are riding...a lot of accidents happen where even experienced riders take a blind corner or a corner they are trying for the first time and things go south...you shouldn't ride a route hard unless you REALLY know it....

3) Blind corners...i am by no means an expert, but even those that are...blind corners can take us out no matter how good you are...look at HC last year....cagers don't care about us..drive accordingly...

4) Cagers - they don't care about us...if they are around, assume they are half-asleep, eyes half-closed, and been hit in the head with hammer....(even all this might be giving them to much credit)....assume they are bullets aimed at you...always be aware...

5) Stunters - i am not a stunter, but i appreciate what you can do on a bike...let's leave the stunting to remote areas where cagers are not...see #4....going one up on the highway looks cool, but all it takes is some jackass to end you....please...don't do it where you are at risk from others...besides, stunting in public areas like that make all of us look bad

6) NEVER RUN - if a cop gets you, pull over, take off your helmet and do what he says...bite your lip and move on...running only creates a bad situation which could end badly for any number of reasons listed above

7) Remember...above all...people care about you...maybe you don't have a GF or wife, or you don't get along with your parents whatever....even if you don't think anyone would give a crap...EVERYONE here cares...if not for youself....be cautious for family, friends, and your extended family here at CBRForum....let's try and get through this season with littlest amount of accident drama as possible...

8) Wear your gear...no matter the weather...it's a given isn't it?

Take care everyone, ride safe, keep the rubber side down!

- Tony

P.S. - if you have anything to add, please do!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Default RE: PLEASE - for the upcoming riding season!

+1, Excelent Advice.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM

+1 Tony. Thanks for that man...

Vinny

Old 03-07-2008, 12:29 PM

yea great advice
like my step dad says "ride like everyone is trying to kill you"
just stay alert... watch the side roads, and dont pull into an intersection until you're sure the cagers coming up from the sides are going to stop... i do that in my truck.
my biggest inspiration for bein as safe as possible is my family (like fingers mentioned) i know my mom is scared sick of my riding, so i can only imagine if i got in a accident and somethin happened... i would feel worse for her than i would feel for myself. so yes, everyone BE CAREFUL

Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM

+1 completely agree and great advice for even experienced riders.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Well said Tony

Thanks for the thread bro. Everything you posted is great advice and a very good reminder.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM

+1 well said - there are TONS of sites with GREAT information, I even went to far as to print out the "Street Survival - On the Road: 50 ways to save your life" article from www.motorcyclecruiser.com and posted it on my cubicle and still read it - you can NOT be TOO safe.

ride smart out there!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Ride safe everyone, the season is almost upon us !

Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post. I hope the mods make this a sticky, so we see it all season long. You can't be reminded of this stuff too often.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reminders, never hurts to hear that.

Quick Reply: PLEASE - for the upcoming riding season!