Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PLEASE DELETE-NO ONE LIKES COLLEGE HOOPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE DELETE-NO ONE LIKES COLLEGE HOOPS

Ok, so I'm running a pool and it's kind of really taken off this year...so you can join too!!! I have multiple businesses around here handing out brackets and hopefully I can get b/t 50-75 brackets back...so I'm offering it to CBR Forum members also!!!

Here's how you can enter...go to yahoo sports and print the bracket...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/bracket(fill out and print)
or
(printable version here) http://d.yimg.com/j/r/ncaab/tourneybracket

or fill it out on there site and print it, or PM me an email address and I can send the bracket I handed out around here for you to fill out... ...then there are multiple ways to send it to me...scan and email back, over night via DHL, UPS, FedEx...etc...however you can get it back to me before Noon this Thursday. Payment and complete bracket must be received before first tip-off Thursday to be eligible. Don't forget contact info in case you place in the pay outs!!

Entry fee is only $5, so you can do multiple brackets if you like. You can PayPal me the money or send me check...PM me and I'll supply my PayPal address or mailing address to those that are interested...

I have run many brackets over the past 10 years, but I am new at the online forum bracket, but lets see if any of you are interested in it!!

If I get enough entrants, I'd like to pay out the top three point totals. Tiebreaker will be whoever picked the champion team, or the two championship game teams, or the most Final Four teams...

points are awarded as follows for each correct pick...
1st round - 1 pt
2nd round - 2 pts
3rd round (Sweet 16)- 3 pts
4th round (Elite 8) - 5 pts
5th round (Final Four) - 8 pts
Championship Game - 10 pts and winner is 12 pts

I use a bonus poitns system, based on team seed, where you get extra points for picking upsets. So for example, if you pick a 12 to beat a 5 in the first round, the pick would be worth 8 pts because 12-5=7 +1 pt for first round pick = 8 pts total.

I know I should have posted this yesterday, but I didn't think of it till today, so we'll see if anyone is interested and can get there brackets/$ in by noon thursday...good luck and I hope it draws some interest!!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 NCAA BRACKETS!! JOIN MY POOL!! DUE THURSDAY (3/20) BY NOON!!

No interest, I guess? No one here likes college hoops, I guess? Too bad, 1st place should be around $200 for only $5 pay-in...maybe next year...

Any mod who sees this can delete this thread if they'd like.