Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

a pissed off cager

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008 | 09:53 PM
Default RE: a pissed off cager

^^i watched a guy "hammer fist" the mirror off of a riced out civic after the kid swerved infront of his bike and slammed on the brakes on a 2 lane road. at the light, the cager tolled down his window, like he wanted to race him, and "thats why he tried to slow him down" the rider was obviously furious, just raised his hand and slammed it right off in one shot. the cagers mouth just dropped.

the best part is, when the light turned green, the bike took off and the kid opened his door, picked the mirror up off the ground then drove away

Old 08-15-2008 | 12:42 AM

lol at itgbudeev's story

Old 08-15-2008 | 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: alleycat

going home last night i passed a pick up truck in apassing zone and he caught up to me at set of lights. pulled next to me and started screaming that if i passed him again he would beat the **** out of me,and young kids like me r going to get killed. i took in all in stride didnt say anything but i wanted to. which i hope was the right thing to do,but i cant wait to see that guy again in a safe passing zone cause i will do it again. by the way im not a kid im 37 years old. i think he was pissed cause he probably wants a bike but cant afford one. LOL.

You did, absolutely, the right thing ... if these people respond like that without provocation then what will they do if provoked?? ... theres no reasoning with them, they are simply very angry at the world in general and want to vent it at whoever and whenever they get the chance ... he was in a truck you were on a bike, situations like this usually have only one place to go and that place is ugly .. leave them, their misery and their negativity in your mirrors ...you did the right thing!!

Jules

Old 08-15-2008 | 05:19 AM

Yep Jules is right. I am generally a calm person and quite forgiving but I seem to have a little bit of a short temper when Im on the bike, especially when my girl is on the back, cuz if she had to get hurt by some idiot having some personal problems about bikers passing him, I would bust a nerve. Yeah I would have probably done the same thing if we were standing still as the pickup has a bigger advantage, but if we were moving I would have probably fipped him the finger and lost him.

Yeah Jules I know I shouldnt but in that moment, the middle finger has a mind of its own...

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:27 AM

I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of this:

Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., writes in “Minding the Body, Mending the Mind†of a story told by Robin Casarjian, therapist and lecturer.

“Robin Casarjian, tells a beautiful story about an American aikido student in Japan. Aikido is a form of martial arts that actually teaches balance in life. Students are prohibited from using it against another person unless physical harm is certain.

An American aikido student was riding in a subway one hot summer’s day. A drunken, foul-mouthed laborer got on the train and promptly cuffed a young woman, sending her sprawling with her baby. Looking around for a fight, he saw only an old man, an elderly couple, and the young aikido student. The student and the drunken laborer squared off to fight. The student knew that the drunk was no match for him.

Suddenly the little old man tugged on the laborer’s clothes, saying he noticed the laborer’s enjoyment of drinking. The laborer swore at the old man, who persisted, remarking how he and his wife sipped a bottle of saki each night in their garden as they watched the slow recovery of a little peach tree injured in a storm. The drunk was so astonished that the old man dared talk to him that he began to listen.

When the old man asked the drunk whether he had a wife to share saki with, the drunk began to cry, explaining that his own wife had died in childbirth the year before. In his grief he had lost his job and taken to drink. Soon the drunk was resting his head on the frail shoulder of the old man. The old man stroked the drunk’s hair and listened with great compassion to his sorrows. The student, who watched this entire scene unfold, understood that he’d seen a true master of aikido at work.â€

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:50 AM

Damn man, that was some powerful ****. That is so true man. What you said also reminded me of something I heard on a show called "Mind Body and kick *** moves". When the host asked his Kung Fu sensei, "How do I become truly invincible", his sensei replied, "The Sparrow doesnt sit where the Tiger roams".

Your story was truly inspiring to me and hopefully other riders, cuz yeah, our bikes are faster and more nimble than a truck and a car, but that doesnt mean that we have to aggravate the others even more by hitting off mirrors and "giving the bird". Passing them through traffic is frustrating enough for them, so if they have a problem with it, then they should be on a bike.

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:57 AM

Anyone that would think that breaking mirrors etc. is the right answer is a fool.

Old 08-15-2008 | 07:01 AM

Yep, it may sound cool and all, but it wont be cool when the dude sideswipes you off your precious ride. I bet you that everyone else will be either to shocked or laugh saying "look little Johnny!! Thats what happens to you when you ride a bike!!", and the dude gets away scott free or even having a pat on the back...

Old 08-15-2008 | 07:04 AM
Banned

I've never had any of this ever happen to me out on the bike. People must inherantly know that I'm a swell guy. I've had people stop and try to throw me food and drinks at red lights and everyone waves at me. Why don't they use their whole hand though?...

Old 08-15-2008 | 07:08 AM

Quick Reply: a pissed off cager