Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pictoral.... DIAL UP WARNING!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pictoral.... DIAL UP WARNING!

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC
i dont know how knowledgable in photography you are.. but a digital slr is a waste of money unless you can use the camera to its full potential .
imo.
Yeah, but it's easier to learn those potentials when you actually have one to use.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: woo545

i dont know how knowledgable in photography you are.. but a digital slr is a waste of money unless you can use the camera to its full potential .
imo.
Yeah, but it's easier to learn those potentials when you actually have one to use.
true.. its like trying to learn guitar with out a guitar.

but its a whole new ballgame, if you are into photography you know....'

start messing with ISO, shutter speeds ect. . . its a pretty steep learning curve. i reccomend a class at a local community college one night a week or something if you are looking to break out your skills and learn how you "really really" use an SLR

Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can appreciate good photography, and would love to be able to take some of those badass pics. I'm looking for something mainly that is going to take action shots, like a moving bike for example. I know a good image when I see one, I'm not a photography expert, but I am a techie, so I have an eye for clarity. I am looking into some advanced point and shoot cams so I have something to use for the mean time. Any recommendations?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Just thought i would take some pics today while it was sunny. Still cold as a bitch but no clouds today! Enjoy.. they are all taken in Ithaca, NY.

This.. is where I live.

Question is How many Car parts can you name?
Camshafts for front legs that connect to driveshafts. Driveshaft rear legs. Chest is a lower control arm. Lower mouth is a differential gear. I was thinking the hooves were pistons, but I'm second guessing myself on that. The rest of it looks like brackets. Maybe bearings for eyes.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:16 PM

It amazes me how something so simple can be so beautiful. I am really drawn to this photo:

Name:  Picture378.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  59.4 KB

Nice photos from everyone. I really hope to own a DSLR and take a class... someday