Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Philly area: Bike was stolen... karma got the theives... getting my baby back...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Philly area: Bike was stolen... karma got the theives... getting my baby back...

Update 2/25/10
Finally justice has been served. Ok, where to begin? My first court preliminary happened in Bensalem. THe only thing i had to do what testify that i didnt know the guy who stole me bike. Court case got moved to Doylestown, Pa. Since Xmas time i received the restitution paperwork to file and first court date on Jan. 4th. Court was pushed off. Jan 25th. Court pushed off. Feb 1. Again. Finally Feb. 22nd, Here we go. Get to the court house and its mayhem. People everywhere. I find out that the guy who stole me bike turn down the plea agreement of 12-18 months county jail and fines. Takes it to trial.

We had 5 people testify against him, all of who had there bikes stolen the same night. We had 3 undercover state troopers that work for the Auto Theft Task Force testify. We had the informant (rat/snitch) with 2 recorded phone conversations testify. Case was open and shut for the jury. They were in there for 45 minutes. He was charged and found guilty on 5 counts of Theft by unlawful taking, 5 counts of Selling Stolen property, and 2 counts of Conspiricey (whatever that means). Each count is a minimum 12-18 months State Prison. He'll do his time continuously. Anotherwords, atleast 5 years jail plus restitution. I get 1700.00 from a Victims Foundation over time.

The court system actually worked. I get to close the chapter of this book as i just bought an 05rr and open a new one.

UPDATE 10/30

I got a phone call friday after work from a state trooper asking me if i would like to appear in court this thursday for a preliminary hearing. The guy that was caught selling my bike to an undercover state trooper for 800 bucks has been in jail since the 29th of aug. Most likely he will wave his rights. The trooper stopped by my house in person and had me sign a court form. I asked about seeing if ima get any money back for the lost cover/HIDs/deductible/days worth of pay/tires and he told me that ill def get something back. might not be right away though. could be in the range of 2000. just another thief off the road.

UPDATE:

The Pennsylvania State Police finally released my bike today and i went to pick it up. The f*ckers destroyed it. Mirrors snapped off. HIDs removed. Cover and Alarm taken, gas tank has a huge dent in it, both side fairings scratched to hell, rear cowl all scrapped up, seat was slashed and torn. Rear tailight shattered. Bike was still rideable so i gimpped my *** home. after a $1000 deductible uch: ill end up getting a check from insurance for bout 5grand once all is said and done. :hopefully:

The other bikes there were 2 Kawaski's, another cbr 954, cbr1000rr(brand new btw), and a suzuki busa. some with mirrors missing, tags all gone, all cosmetic damage. The trooper told me that he is in jail but not sure what he'll be charged with. If its receiving stolen property then he'll get off easy. If its Thief then he'll be getting locked up for a while. He might give up several of his accomplices for a lesser charge. Then when thats all said and done i can take him to court and sue to get my deductible back. but i was told he's a low life and i doubt he'll pay it back.

Atleast my baby was KIA and brought home instead of MIA/POW and never to return.

Original story:
So i walked out of my apartment on wednesday morning to go to work. jumpd in my car, backed out, and started to go off. then it clicked. my f4i wasnt parked next to my can anymore. omg the worst thing has happened. someone stole it.

i cryed a little bit. called the police and called the insurence company. i thought i lived in a nice quite area. guess not. insurence told me i gotta wait 20-25 days and if its not recovered then they cut me a check for retail value. i'd end up losing 500-1000 bucks when all was said and done. only owned the cbr for 5 months.

ive become a miserable person. basically hate life and everyone i encountered. ima good person. work hard. pay my bills. stay out of trouble. rescued some baby kittens the other week. then this **** happens. well early sunday morning i get a phone call. check the papers.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...heft-crew.html

omg one of those bikes has got to be mine. i hurry to the police department that i filled out the report with. they pull up the flle and sure enough my vin was reported recovered. the yardley borough pd gives me the number to the bensalem pd. they patch me through to the detective running the investigation. turns out he didnt work on sundays.

the motorcycles were recovered on friday around 4:15. so they might have sat outside during the several rainstorms over the weekend. my baby is at one of the impound lots. im waiting to hear back from the detective on monday.

finally +1 for the good guys

Last edited by dohcdelsol; 02-26-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM

Hope your baby is ok. Let us know what happens.

Best of luck!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a quick question: did you have the forks locked?

I lock the forks and have an alarm on my bike. And I live in Philly. Locking the forks won't stop a group of people from simply picking her up but will prevent a roll off. Not that I park on the street often but I do if I'm not done for the day.

Good job on getting her back. You're a better guy than me. I'd been kicking kittens and anyone who looked like they could steal a motorcycle. Would say this tho: if I was a buyer and someone offered me a $7k bike for $800, I'd have checked the VIN and called the cops. It's why when looking for mine, I didn't talk to anyone who couldn't produce a title ("bill of sale"? WTF would I want to be charged with receiving stolen merchandise?)

Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

See? Saving those baby kittens paid off!

Grats dude

Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Default Thieves suck

Ive had chit stolen from me, and it takes your security feel away,and puts you in a low place. that is a sick feelin that dont go away eazily. Hppy for ya that your bike was recovered, i hope they found it before the boogers got it started, also hope the scratches are few. Good luck today with gettin it back.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM

Glad to hear you can get her back... You have any extra kittens laying around thats ud give away?

Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have any extra kittens laying around thats ud give away?
What is your intention with said kittens?
Is it kitty juggling? LOL..

Congrats on finding your bike, delsol... I hope it's in just as good of shape as before. Luckily it was found sooner rather than later...

Old 08-31-2009, 03:15 PM

The downfall of a bike being stolen is it is really easy to sell of as a legal bike. All they have to do is swap the frame and get a bill of sale from the salvage place and poof legal bike. There were people doing that here in NV and buying the frames from CA and selling the bikes for damn near brand new. They were making a killing till one of the guys didn't get a fair cut and snitched

Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I bet if you would have kicked the baby kitties you not only would have gotten your bike back but you would have met hot twin strippers at the impound lot who want to do bad things to you.

Quick Reply: Philly area: Bike was stolen... karma got the theives... getting my baby back...