Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Perusing Craigslist...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perusing Craigslist...

And I see an ad for a 2007 GSXR. I always look at the ads of brand new bikes, just out of curiosity, I just don't understand spending all that money on a brand new bike only to have someone else stick it straight up your *** the next year on the very same bike...

Anyway, here is the ad.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/596619210.html

I've ridden with the original owner, he sold it late last year, and now the other guy is selling it, haha. Doesn't make sense. The bike is just barely a year old, about to meet it's third owner...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Default RE: Perusing Craigslist...

ok, why the f*&k did he buy the damn thing and then take it home and never ride it?!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM

That's a nice looking bike. My Grandpa did the same thing this past summer. He bought a 2000 883 Sportster had it like 4 days and sold it to his buddy for what he paid and bought a 2002 883 Sportster with tons of mods and has rode it it about a total of 20 miles. He droped it in the parking lot of the HD dealer right after he picked it up from getting service. He had bikes most of his life then took a 20 some year break. He's 78 years old so I guess I can't clown on him to much and he should be able to make a few bucks on the bike when he sell it this spring since he got a good deal.

I guess some people think they want to ride and when they get out there it's to much for them. I know a girl that has a 2007 Ninja 250 and she got it last summer and it only has about 30 miles or so-it don't even start now LOL!

I think I put like 300 miles on my bike in the first 2 daysI owned it.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 AM

The Girl I bought my "winter bike" from never rode it. I test rode it before she bought it... I rode it back to her apartment... and then it sat there until the day I bought it from her... about 5-6 months later for less than I know she paid for it. I believe that deep down, everyone loves and/or wants a bike... but then they get it, and just come up with enough excuses not to do it... probably out of fear or something.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 AM

Fear can change someone's mind real quick.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

And I see an ad for a 2007 GSXR. I always look at the ads of brand new bikes, just out of curiosity, I just don't understand spending all that money on a brand new bike only to have someone else stick it straight up your *** the next year on the very same bike...

Anyway, here is the ad.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/596619210.html

I've ridden with the original owner, he sold it late last year, and now the other guy is selling it, haha. Doesn't make sense. The bike is just barely a year old, about to meet it's third owner...

I've seen a lot of this kind of thing too..it seems as though these bikes are like ******...they just get passed around to people to ride once then it's off to the next person. Better sanitize the seat! LOL.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is these people think they want a bike, then they realize the effort behind the hobby. Hell, I love riding, but just having to gear up, warm up the bike, pre-ride inspection, open the garage, shut it when I leave, can be a tedious routine before getting out on the road. Even going anywhere and having to suit up/unsuit in the parking lots can be PITA. Unless these people *really* want to ride, like we do, then they would not mind doing it all. I just deal with it b/c I love to ride, and its worth it to me. To some people, I can't say the same. However, I will say there have been a few days I could have ridden, but I didn't out of laziness. Just easier to jump in the cage and go to the store.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:17 AM

yea. i just got my bike thsi year, havent got to ride it on the road yet... which reminds me i need to call and get insurance today... but anyway, it is pretty intimidating.. like you said everything you have to do just to leave the house. then when youre riding you have to manually shift (which alot of people probably arent used to) and look out for other people so you dont die. i know right now it takes a decent amount of conctration just to turn the signal on.. down shift while slowing, come to a stop, turn... then i usually forget to turn the signal off b.c im trying to make sure i dont kill it and im lookin for ppl comin off side roads, haha.

my turn signal doesnt go off by itself in my truck either tho.. so i guess that should help me since i already have to turn it off manually...
but yea i guess ic an see being hesitant to get on and ride... but u should probably realize you're THAT scared to ride before you buy it. o well at least someone who does love to ride gets agood deal on a "used"bike lol.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM

I am in the same boat as most new riders. I am just waiting for our season to start and go through the MSF. Once that happens I hope that I will enjoy it because I have a lot of friends who ride. I dont think I will not like it, I just want to start and quit having to wait.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G3N, that is exactly the thing. The more you ride, the more fluid the actions will become as they become more muslce memory than actions that require thought. When you get to that point, then you can focus on the other 99% of your attention to avoiding the crazy cagers. This is precisely why it is recommended you start with the MSF, then practice a fair amount of operating the MC in a parking lot or backroad until you feel comfortable. No amount of practice will make you perfect when you hit the road, but it will at least give you a huge advantage over the guy who has never ridden his gsxr-1000 as he tries to pull a wheelie on the interstate.

Quick Reply: Perusing Craigslist...