Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is perforated leather really going to keep me cool enough?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is perforated leather really going to keep me cool enough?

I'm getting my first bike soon (I hope). Last time I got a bike I bought an Icon leather jacket and it was hot as hell, but I never rode with it (I never got to really ride the bike past the parking lot of my condo, deal went sour). I'm thinking this time of getting Joe Rocket's Blaster 2.0 Perforated leather jacket, but will I be cool enough? I live in Connecticut so it's not too crazy hot but the summer can get pretty warm.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned
Default RE: Is perforated leather really going to keep me cool enough?

Perforated leather jackets will provide some comfort on warm days. My jacket has the perforations in the arms and underarms. More than enough for me. I live in Seattle and it really only gets hot here for 2-3weeks a year. But on those days, I can notice the perforations doing their job.

If you live in a cooler climate, I would be more worried about keepingwarm rather thankeeping cool. When its hot, all you really need to do is keep moving. You have a natural fan blowing on you at all times when your on theroad. When its cold, you are in an artic blast that show's no mercy.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

It is better than solid. My jacket is OK onwarm nights, but typical Florida sun will roast you no matter what.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:29 PM

Best advice is to have 2 jackets for northern riding. I have a solid jacket and a perforated leather/mesh JR supermoto. Best of both worlds.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:55 PM

I don't have the money for two jackets right now. Originally I was going to go with a mesh jacket, but it made me a little uneasy.. I figured perfed leather is a compromise between leather and mesh.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one of these, http://www.motorcycleclothing.com.au/ultraksport.htm they are really light, have all manner of vents & with the armour, are pretty good if your unlucky enough to come off. Summer here can be pretty hot (although this year is just rained) & the old leather jacket nearly fries me. If you can only go for the one jacket, there are quite a few brands (non leather) that have removable liners for summer

Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

I live in FL so any jacket is going to be hot but perf is the best though i wear mine all the time no matter what its fine while moving her is my jacket the white one i love it
http://www.motostrano.com/alstlejawh.html

Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 AM

I wear my leather hot, cold. rain and more rain because id rather sweat than bleed...

Old 04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

I wear my leather hot, cold. rain and more rain because id rather sweat than bleed...
+1

Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

+ 1

I have a perforated leather and when you remove the liner it is cool enough for me on 95+ days and i get hot fast

Quick Reply: Is perforated leather really going to keep me cool enough?