Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

outrunning a cop

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006 | 12:30 AM
Default RE: outrunning a cop

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Only boost power wise is the 4.6L compression is bumped from like 9.4:1 to 9.6:1 and redline is raised a couple hundred. Really that's it. I've actually had cops tell me about their Vics going 150+ and when they find out I know what I'm talking about they'll smile and admit to high 120's as top speed. In their eyes it's better for you to believe that huge hunk of metal will run you down than actually having to prove it.
I don't believe CHP/police cruisers have tires rated for that speed either... Or their camaros for that matter.

Old 09-12-2006 | 12:53 AM

wow what a wierd comment comming from someone that has a the words
Ride Hard or Go Home...............................

Old 09-12-2006 | 01:11 AM

I read through almost every one of these posts. Only one I found interesting was the one about how fast the cops cars will actually go. Everything else was boring.
Bunch of people whining back and fourth.

If you wanna put yourself in danger enough to kill yourself with a slightest mistake than go ahead. Its up to you but dont be doin in around me town. I would like to be able to walk across the street without having to look for a bike runing 150.

Old 09-12-2006 | 01:41 AM

I'm so impressed by your bull **** story, I'm telling all my friends how kool you are.

Old 09-12-2006 | 01:53 AM

I'm so impressed by your bull **** story, I'm telling all my friends how kool you are.

Old 09-12-2006 | 11:17 AM

o no im sad

Old 09-12-2006 | 11:25 AM

I still like ya !!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-12-2006 | 11:09 PM

Ride hard or go home...doesn't mean endanger everyone else on the road by running from the cops, nor is it an endorsement for violating every traffic law there is. Enjoy the bike, but use your head. Next time I will include a disclaimer.

Old 09-13-2006 | 06:53 AM

i agree

Old 09-13-2006 | 12:25 PM
Retired Administrator

are we done yet...

I don't know the official word yet cause we (as in admins and mods) are discussing how to handle threads like this.

We love free speech as much as anyone, but we don't want any members getting hurt/killed/locked up in jail because some glorify running from the police and other such habits.

Keep it simple guys... think before you post. If you have to talk to someone about things like this, please PM me. I'll listen to anything with an open mind.

And ending with the last thought on the subject, cops don't have to have cars that can keep up with us. They have dash cams that are getting better every year. I personally have a friend waiting for his court date on this matter. Just the simple story that happen here without all of the lights. The cop never moved because he was at the right position to catch the plates with the cam as riders go by. The ticket was mailed to my friend and the guy he was riding with. Why chase someone and encourage them be even more reckless? My friend is going to try the "someone was testing riding my bike cause I'm selling it" story. I wish him luck and I'll visit him in jail to take him cigarettes to keep buba off and out of his ***.