Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

OT Heavily Moderated?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

think its bad here? check out any forum owned by VS lol

Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
I generally won't get involved in a thread (which is outside my own interests) unless matters start to get out of hand and personal.
Spam is of course a continual problem, which we all jump on asap.

Its all a matter of maintaining balance - and fairness.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has a problem with changes I make to posts or other issues. Send me a PM

At the end of the day, we're Honda owners, with a common passion.

Oh and Hangfire - KISS MINE TOO
speaking of spam, any mods installed to help combat it?? I am a admin on SBG and we dont seem to get no where near the spam I see here. Just a helpful insight here not a comparison btw.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of this makes sense, I'll stick around longer and I'm sure it will become apparent you aren't all pulling my leg. Like Cerebus said, the other forum I'm on has about 10 senior members that have a tendency to turn every thread into one large ongoing joke, it does get old...
Thanks for all the answers everyone!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
I know of no mod that will stop a registered member from being able to post up a specific type of post...

and ..I doubt if anything has been added to the script...

It just has us to catch the stuff as as fast as we can , which I think we are very successful at doing ...
theres mod that make sure bots dont register and post, mods and settings that doesnt allow newly resgistered ppl to post repeated crap like the other day that filled the forum with crap b4 staff was able to respond to it. Now dont get me wrong, I think you all do a great job for the most part. But I run a few sites myself, so I know what can be done to 'help' eliminate some of the occurrences of spam on here. But like you said you can't stop it all. *cheers*

Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regarding the spam ... we don't filter new members. As a result it takes all of 30 seconds to register. This predisposes us to spam BUT it makes the registration process easier. You'd be amazed at the number of bikers that ain't real good with puters So if it won't hinder peeps from signing up I'd be happy to give it a look see ... shoot me a PM.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Regarding the spam ... we don't filter new members. As a result it takes all of 30 seconds to register. This predisposes us to spam BUT it makes the registration process easier. You'd be amazed at the number of bikers that ain't real good with puters So if it won't hinder peeps from signing up I'd be happy to give it a look see ... shoot me a PM.
well lol the mods I am referring to just adds a few more steps to registering, not filtering, which would make it more apain on the staff lol. Just go thru the registering on SBG and you will see what I am referring to. Just trying to help yall out

Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
well lol the mods I am referring to just adds a few more steps to registering, not filtering, which would make it more apain on the staff lol. Just go thru the registering on SBG and you will see what I am referring to. Just trying to help yall out
hahaha. nice sales pitch :P

Old 05-23-2009, 10:08 PM

If you stick around for awhile Ryan, you will find that this site is a great pool of knowledge first and foremost. I spend far more time in the other areas of the forum because I am here for the bike.

We have great mods. I have been here a while and this past winter blew in a lot of new member, and some were not here for the bikes. They have since moved on to an other forum I'm sure .
Please don't bash the other poor misguided bike manufacturers Shadow edit.

you will learn the feel of the forum , and find that we are one big happy family with several "big brothers" looking over our shoulder to help keep it that way

Last edited by Shadow; 05-24-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM

this place rox cuz there are so many moderators that are active. nearly every question i ask is also answered by a moderator

thnx bros

Quick Reply: OT Heavily Moderated?